1610D Throttle

/ 1610D Throttle #1  

jmf7112001

Silver Member
Tractor
Many different models
Does anyone have a1610D that could shoot me photo of the throttle hookup. I took mine loose rebuilding the engine and have forgot
how to reassemble. I can't figure the return springs works.

/ 1610D Throttle
Thank you, the one I have is not the same, already been that route.

/ 1610D Throttle #4  
Can I ask how you tighten the throttle. I have a 1610 and the throttle wants to return to slow will not stay where set, just drifts to slow.

HS

/ 1610D Throttle #5  
Can I ask how you tighten the throttle. I have a 1610 and the throttle wants to return to slow will not stay where set, just drifts to slow.

HS

Had the same issue with my 1700 when I first got it, I think the 1610D is slight different from the 1700,
I wound up having to install a longer bolt and installing a larger washer and locking nut, I tightened the nut snug and then backed off slightly, then installed a 2nd nut tight against the locking nut to keep it from backing off, might not be the correct fix although has worked for over 4 years now,

/ 1610D Throttle #6  
Picture 025.jpgNot sure about the 1610 but there's a Nylon Friction Disc. in my YM2000 Throttle. You can see it in between the metal plates in the pic. Be careful when you tighten it up.I broke the Threads off mine when I first bought it and was having the same Prob. Lucky for me I was able to Weld them back. I still believe and pretty sure the Previous owner damaged it over tightening it since the Nylon Washer "Fric. Disc." was microscopic and desinagrated into pieces when taking it apart.

/ 1610D Throttle #7  
Carey, you see that short bold that has no nut on it... this is where I installed a longer bolt and a large washer so that it would go over the base of the lever ( the flat round part ) this fix kinda resolves the friction disk issue you speak of,
Here is a pic of what I have done,

Attachments

• Img_10000.jpg
    Img_10000.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
   / 1610D Throttle #8  
I :ashamed:already broke it Hah!!! When I checked and found out the price of a new Linkage:confused: and was lucky enough to repair my Handle. For a 3 dollar Disc. that I recieved the next day in env. Reg. mail. I decided to go that route before I tore something else up. LoL. I also put a Nut and Large Washer on the short bolt to hold it snug and just used the pedal to get me through until I recieved it.

/ 1610D Throttle #9  
I know a guy with a 1610d if a pic doesn't show up here I will get one for ya.

/ 1610D Throttle #10  

Just snug up and lock the Nuts. It uses the same fric. disc. as the Pics.Fric. Disc.jpg