Yanmar YM 1300 3 pt. Lifts but won't lower

/ Yanmar YM 1300 3 pt. Lifts but won't lower #1  

ozarkian

Yanmar YM 1300 3 pt. Lifts but won\'t lower

Hello Again, Just changed fluid, operated fine & i parked it . went out today & tried to use it. it lifted but was slow,sounded if there was a little air in it. Tried to lower 3 pt. but wouldn't move at all. When installing 3 pt. had to remove lifting arms to drill out for 3 pt. hitch pins, but i'm sure i returned them exact. help with any suggestions!

/ Yanmar YM 1300 3 pt. Lifts but won't lower #2  
Re: Yanmar YM 1300 3 pt. Lifts but won\'t lower

When you changed the fluid , did you clean the filter screen too?

/ Yanmar YM 1300 3 pt. Lifts but won't lower

No, I'm not sure exactly where it's located. This is the first yanmar i've ever been real close too.

/ Yanmar YM 1300 3 pt. Lifts but won't lower #4  

I'm pretty sure my 1500 has the same set up. First check that the draft knob (under the front of the seat) is adjusted to the open direction. If it is, then try the following. Mine wouldn't move either. I found that the cross shaft that connects the two upper lift arms was siezed in the housing (just under the seat). I removed the arms and the rear cover plate and basically beat it into submission with penetrating oil and a brass hammer. Use a soft hammer to keep from damaging splines and castings. You will also need to remove the front cover, where the draft knob is, to relieve the hydraulic piston.