Yanmar Block Heater

/ Yanmar Block Heater #11  
Pochickenfarmer

I just put a block heater in my 790 JD it has a Yanmar engine. I ruined two 1/2 " extensions. I realized I didn't have the extension in far enough. I had to pound it in to the plug as far as it would go. My 650 pound impact would not budge it.
I used a breaker bar with about a four foot extension and it finally came out. I now have a breaker bar with a bend in it.

I don't know why they put them in so tight.
Good luck,
Mainiak1

/ Yanmar Block Heater #12  
I can only get at the rear plug and it won't budge. I tried hitting the extension to loosen things up but a broken tractor is not going to do me any good. I tried the pipe "extension" and bent the pipe too. If I have to take the tractor to a shop for something I'll have them take a try at the plug. Maybe I'll look at a lower radiator hose heater. The tractor is in a barn all the time and so far starting (even in Minnesota) hasn't been a problem. I had an old Ford tractor to maintain 1000' of gravel driveway but after I paved the drive I wanted a smaller tractor for farm stuff. I love the FX175D for my needs. I have a 4' Allied loader and a 54" Yanmar tiller. I can't say enough about the Powershift.

/ Yanmar Block Heater #13  
I usually tell people to try to remove the plug before ordering the Yanmar block heater. The head is usually not square , but rounded , so it hard to keep the socket on it.