Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Default Re: FX24D photos?

-100_6511-jpgHere is the 4m-.7 setscrew that holds the fuel valve handle. Has a special rounded end. Picture for what it is worth.

Tractor
    Yanmar FX24D

Yours is definitely in better condition, and it looks like a more simplified design. I don't think I could remove mine without removing the muffler as well. But, the muffler is only held on with a U-clamp right now, so it wouldn't be too difficult.

Is LCI gone? I couldn't find them anywhere on the internet. I even called a few places in that area of Texas.

I'm hoping I can repair it economically.

Tractor
    Yanmar FX24D

Thanks. I found a flush allen head screw that fits. I may try to round off the end to prevent more damage to the slot in the valve handle. I will keep looking for the correct screw.

I think I fixed it with a $0.60 screw and $0.50 o-ring. As long as it works that beats $50.

Quote Originally Posted by winston1 View Post
    -100_6511-jpgHere is the 4m-.7 setscrew that holds the fuel valve handle. Has a special rounded end. Picture for what it is worth.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Quote Originally Posted by bacrow View Post
    Yours is definitely in better condition, and it looks like a more simplified design. I don't think I could remove mine without removing the muffler as well. But, the muffler is only held on with a U-clamp right now, so it wouldn't be too difficult.

Is LCI gone? I couldn't find them anywhere on the internet. I even called a few places in that area of Texas.

I'm hoping I can repair it economically.
    Yes, LCI went under a couple of years ago. I live about 80 miles from Wills Point where they were located. Did you see the picture of the set screw I added to post #11?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Took a video of the VTEK V2 loader operating with engine running at 1500rpm. I must say I am impressed with this FX24D as far as handling, loader speed, shifting, turning radius. Messed up ring gear and blown head gasket take away from it but when she is running right she is a pleasure to operate. Just with my brief stint with it I know if it belonged to me I would probably use the clutch most times when shifting. My first experience with the power shift but I just don't like the jerk that can be involved when shifting without the clutch. Clutches are quick and easy to operate with the power shift. Just an old man's opinion. Yanmar FX24D with V-TEKS V2 loader 100 6512 - YouTube

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Very good job , Winston ! That loader seems to operate very well...I have a question. Does the FX24 loader hydraulics tie in series with the loader (like the ym's come plumed) or does it have a hyd return to sump .
    Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Tractor
    Yanmar 2020D

Winston - any idea what the V2 Loader can lift?
    Thanks,

Scotty Dive
    Yanmar YM2020D "Git er Done Too"
    Pictures! http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=dfc00199.pbw
    Yanmar Tractor Database - Click Link, then click file and download the excel file.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxR...it?usp=sharing

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Quote Originally Posted by kenmac View Post
    Very good job , Winston ! That loader seems to operate very well...I have a question. Does the FX24 loader hydraulics tie in series with the loader (like the ym's come plumed) or does it have a hyd return to sump .
    This one is plumbed in series just like the YM's come. No return to the sump.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Dive View Post
    Winston - any idea what the V2 Loader can lift?
    No idea Scotty. One of our members, CWRIGHTTRACTORS, sold these at one time and posted back in January of 2012 that V1 is rated at 750#, V2 at 900#, V3 at 1200 #, V4 at 1600# at the pivot pins.

Tractor
    Yanmar FX24D

-tractor-jpg
    GWSMITH or someone else with an FX24D, can you please verify something for me? Is the metal plate with three screws in this photo the cover for the hydraulic screen? This doesn't look the same as the cover that Hoye has, or what is in the manual. It looks like someone may have cut a piece of sheet metal and used some silicon sealant instead of using the replacement part. Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast