FX24D photos?

/ FX24D photos? #1  

bacrow

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland Workmaster 33
Can those of you that own FX24D tractors post some photos? Mine is used and has been amateur engineered on several engine modifications. I would like to see what an original engine compartment looks like.

I am missing a coolant overflow tank. The battery is not secured. The radiator is secured at the bottom, but has a lot of movement. The fuel switch/bowl looks like it may have been replaced with an aftermarket model. Some of the tubing has been replaced with clear tubing.

I have a lot of work to do. It runs, but leaks. The hydraulics work, but they are slow. I can get there, but your help is appreciated!

/ FX24D photos? #2  
The radiator is supported by two bolts and rubber grommets at the bottom and two rods up high on each side.

Hydraulics on that thing should reach and get it, I know this one does. Do you have a loader? Does yours have power steering?

Here are a couple of pictures of the one I am in the process of replacing the head gasket. I will post some showing the complete engine sometime tomorrow. 100_6481.jpg100_6480.jpg

That is not the correct upper radiator hose. Pictures tomorrow will show the correct one.

And welcome to the Yanmar forum. :welcome:

Last edited:
   / FX24D photos? #3  
Here are some pictures of the completed assembly. If you need something particular let me know pretty quickly. Hoping this tractor will be going to it's home pretty quick and I won't remember much in a couple of days. :D

Attachments

• 100_6491.jpg
    100_6491.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 100_6490.jpg
    100_6490.jpg
    681.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 100_6489.jpg
    100_6489.jpg
    578.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_6488.jpg
    100_6488.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 234
   / FX24D photos?
These are excellent and very helpful. Can you please take one more photo of the battery compartment that shows how the hold down is connected at the bottom? Thanks!

It is good to see how the coolant overflow and radiator are supposted to be attached. I will have to do some more amateur engineering to rig something for both of them. I think my battery tray is missing. It is sitting loose on a shelf and held in place by a piece of wire.

Do you have any photos of the entire tractor when all of the body parts are back in place?

/ FX24D photos?
To answer your other questions: I do have a front end loader. It is an LCI 285. The company in Texas that made it is out of business. It has two leaking hoses and one leaking cylinder. I plan to replace all of the hoses with hoses made by a local company. Hopefully they can repair the cylinder or I will be replacing that as well.

The hydraulic maintenance has not been done for a long time. I got a new filter from Hoye, and I am going to replace all of the fluids (and filter) after I get the loader repaired. Hopefully that will do the trick.

It does have power steering. It seems to work very well. The tractor is very nimble, especially compared to my Ferguson TO-20 non-power steering tractor. The fluid level in the front differential is very low, but I will replace that later.

My prioritized list of repairs to come:
1. Set screw and o-ring replacement on fuel valve if possible. Then replace filter.
2. If not possible, replace with new fuel valve/sediment bowl/filter.
3.New fuel lines to and from fuel valve/filter/sediment bowl.
4. New coolant hoses and lines. One is to replace a leaking Tygon tube that was used in place of a proper reinforced coolant line. Replace some of the hose clamps that have deteriorated.
5. Flush and refill coolant. Intall new overflow tank and lines. Install bracing on radiator to replace the missing bracing.
6. Install a proper battery hold down/tray so it doesn't continue to damage the fins on the radiator.
7. Change oil/filter
8. Repair/replace hydraulic lines for loader (and any other lines that are cracked or leaking)
9. Change trans/hydraulic fluid and filter.
10. Replace the right front tire/tube to match the new one on the left.
11. Sand and repaint the top hood piece and grille because they are very rusted.
12. Replace the three point with the kit from Hoye because it is rusted and the hitch balls only rotate with a hammer.

I have already install a hose for the crankcase ventilation, because there wasn't one, and I have replaced the cracked seat with a new one. The old one was soaked with rain water and I could never get it to dry.

Then I have a few new ideas from the photos you sent regarding proper hoses and connections, but that will come later, because I bought it to use it!

I hope that isn't too much information.

/ FX24D photos? #6  
Some more pictures. The side panels are at the owners house. Pretty sure Hoyes has cylinders for the Bulldog loaders. I have the same 285 loader on my ym2002d. I am going to attempt to load a video on the "Drive train FX24D" thread. May or may not work.

Attachments

• 100_6502.jpg
    100_6502.jpg
    895 KB · Views: 176
  • 100_6503.jpg
    100_6503.jpg
    1,012.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 100_6504.jpg
    100_6504.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 100_6506.jpg
    100_6506.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 166
  • 100_6507.jpg
    100_6507.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_6509.jpg
    100_6509.jpg
    648.1 KB · Views: 196
   / FX24D photos?
Thanks again for the great photos. That must be a different year than mine. The battery tray is completely different. The tractor in general looks better than mine.

Do the bulldog parts fit the 285?

/ FX24D photos? #8  
I have never seen an LCI loader. LCI sold Bulldog loaders. They were made in Vietnam or China. Do you have a picture?

/ FX24D photos?
These are the best photos I have right now. I can take more this evening.

Attachments

• tractor 009.jpg
    tractor 009.jpg
    772.1 KB · Views: 214
  • tractor 004.jpg
    tractor 004.jpg
    764.3 KB · Views: 157
   / FX24D photos? #10  
Hmmmm, that is sure not a Bulldog loader. I have been to LCI quite a few times and never saw anything but Bulldog loaders on their tractors. I'm wondering if yours is from their early years before I became acquainted with them. Posting a picture of my Bulldog 285 loader. The thing I like about it most is taking two bolts loose, unplugging my quick connects and I can leave it hanging under my shed. Not exaggerating, I probably take it on and off at least once a month. I mow around lots of trees and the loader is a hindrance to me in tight quarters.

Attachments

• 100_5722.jpg
    100_5722.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 178