Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    YM186D, Ditch Witch 6510

Default Yanmar to the rescue

Odd thing just happened-- one of my kids who was studying at the table around dusk suddenly looked out the window into the yard and said "WHOA-- a horse just went by the window!"
    All of a sudden there were two horses and riders-- going all around the house, in the front yard, back yard, another one standing in the driveway, guys running around with lassos--WTH?
    Figured it must be some local rancher who lost an animal. Turned out to be the case. I went out to find them hog-tying a ~600lb steer on the trail in my woods, right in the area where I had planted a bunch of pine seedlings. They didn't have much to say to me other than they had been looking for it since the morning. I told them about the pines (one of which was already stomped-on), and wondered how they proposed to get the steer out of there. They seemed to be considering how to drag it out to the road with their horses, but weren't very clear on how to do that.

I went and got the Yanmar (186D) with the 3pt carry-all holding a pallet. They rolled the steer on and it lifted the animal (barely), though one of the guys jumped on the front bumper to counterbalance it. I brought it right out and into their trailer on the road.

But the people didn't seem to think anything of running around and riding their horses all over the property without ever coming to the door or anything to say what was going on or who they were. I put the tractor away and started walking out the driveway, but they were already leaving. No thank you, no apology, no nothing.

Anyway, it was nice to have the Yanmar.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT w/LA524 FEL

Default Re: Yanmar to the rescue

That's kind of rude.
    DaveR

If a wire wasn't shorted it wouldn't work. What you have is an intermittent open!

Electronics is smoke and magic. If you let the smoke out of something it doesn't work anymore - the magic is getting the smoke back in.

County Line 6ft finish mower, King Kutter 5ft bush hog, King Kutter 4ft tiller, King Kutter Carry-All,
    King Kutter 60" Box Blade, Ferguson 12-AO-40 2-bottom plow, County Line Middlebuster, Home built pine needle rake.

Tractor
    L3240GST, B2320HST, B5100D & G5200H

Obviously too important to be distracted by the demands of common decency.
    Hope they weren't rustlers.
    That's the problem with trouble.
    It always starts out as such fun."
    - Randall Brown

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Probably thought they were in open range being in Texas.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

where do you live?
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    where do you live?
    He is in TX (per his profile).

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

They should have asked for your permission and then thanked you for your help. And repaired any damage that they did.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 455

While you had the steer on the pallet, you should of drove it into your slaughter house, and used it to fill your freezer. LOL

Tractor
    YM186D, Ditch Witch 6510

Well, guess who was lounging in the yard when I got home the next afternoon?
    That's right. The same steer.
    First i noticed several cloven-hoof trails across my freshly-tilled garden space, and found that one of the wires on my trellis row was snapped.
    Found the culprit loafing in a small clearing in the brush nearby.

Chased it off my lot, and it ran on down the road and through the open gate into a government facility. I'll let them have some fun with it.

Tractor
    YM186D, Ditch Witch 6510

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    He is in TX (per his profile).

Aaron Z
    Yes i'm in Texas, east/central. More cattle than crops around here, although there's some cotton. Mostly scrubby oak & juniper woods though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast