How long are the lift arms on your 3PT?

/ How long are the lift arms on your 3PT? #1  

bacrow

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland Workmaster 33
I ordered the kit from Hoye and the lift arms are significantly shorter than what is on my FX24D, but I don't know what stock should be. It just doesn't quite fit right when I install it.

/ How long are the lift arms on your 3PT? #2  
I ordered the kit from Hoye and the lift arms are significantly shorter than what is on my FX24D, but I don't know what stock should be. It just doesn't quite fit right when I install it.

Lower lift arms on my 2002D are about 24-1/2" pin hole to pinhole centers. Wouldn't doubt yours are a little longer but that is purely guessing. Curious why you are changing lift arms?

/ How long are the lift arms on your 3PT?
When I bought it the balls on the ends of the arms were rusted stiff. The fixed side link is flimsy, rusted, and bent at the connection to the lift arm. The sway chains are really rusty. All of them are in worse shape than my 1951 Ferguson TO-20. So, without measuring or doing any work on them I just ordered the kit. Cart before the horse, I guess.

I have freed up the ball, which I figured I could with the right chemical and elbow grease.

I would still like to replace the side links with something more substantial because I am worried the rust and the bent piece has reduced the strength.

None of what Hoye sent me in the kit looks like the right scale to the tractor, or to each other. I probably could have just gone to the local tractor supply store and gotten what I needed, and it would have matched better.

/ How long are the lift arms on your 3PT? #4  
I've no doubt you will work it out. I am often guilty of getting the cart before the horse. Just for my curiosity, what are the lengths of your lift arms?

Mine are 32" from center to center. The replacement arms from Hoye are 27.5.

/ How long are the lift arms on your 3PT? #6  
Mine are 32" from center to center. The replacement arms from Hoye are 27.5.

That is likely to bring some implements close to the tires. "If" everything clears I guess you would actually gain a little lifting power.

I don't plan to put them on. I plan to send the kit back to Hoye. It's a little too close to the tires for me, and I haven't even tried hooking anything up yet. I will just replace a few of the pieces.