Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #11  
... Maybe the plumbing is a bit screwed up? They installed the ball valve to get flow to the 3PH?

That ball valve is brass, not steel. I don't know the hydraulic pressure on this tractor, but most of the brass valves like that I have seen in the US are only rated for 150 to 200 psi or so. Nowhere near typical hydraulic pressures.

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #12  
Would your loader valve happen to have a tag identifying it? I have no idea what is going on there. If I am counting right the valve has 8 openings and you have 9 hoses coming off of it counting the one that has the tee. I suspect one of those openings is power beyond and should go back into the transmission sump. Other than the hoses going to the loader cylinders can you identify where the other hoses go? That should be 4 hoses.

Good pictures. Thanks.

Only reason a brass ball valve would be ok there is if that opening is the tank return line. A no pressure line.

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #13  
Darn it that wasn't ready to post. [so I deleted it]. More clearly stated:

I wonder if the ball valve shuts off the tank return line to redirect fluid (under pressure) to the 3-point.

Last edited:
   / Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #14  
Darn it that wasn't ready to post. More clearly stated:

I wonder if the ball valve shuts off the tank return line to redirect fluid (under pressure) to the 3-point.

Sort of what it sounds like but doesn't seem the correct way to be plumbed.

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #15  
1st 1 I've seen plumbed like that (with a ball valve in the circuit):confused3:. You should be able to operate the 3 point without opening or closing a ball valve. Good looking tractor & loader. Who made the loader ?.

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #16  
The curved arms and the linkage on the bucket look like an OEM Yanmar loader that was offered to me by an importer.

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system
Yes, on the loader there are no after-market plates or any numerals of any kind at all that I can find
Which makes me think that the loader may well be original equipment

About the hydraulics plumbing - I did a schematic diagram and tried to upload it here with no luck
I'll take a photo of it and upload that

I have a feeling that the third On/Off valve no longer functions as it should and the ball valve is a `patch'
I'd sooner get the original set up going
As it is, ths valve needs to remain open all the time.
To lift the 3PL, I then need to close the ball valve with the 3PL lever in the Up position
And the 3PL lever must be in neutral or the bucket controls do not work
It all works but I feel it needs sorting out!
Ideas?

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #18  
346697d1384920880-oil-ran-too-low-need-wp_000425.jpgThe side view picture of the loader valve seems to show a tag. Could that be cleaned and made legible?

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #19  
Yes, on the loader there are no after-market plates or any numerals of any kind at all that I can find
Which makes me think that the loader may well be original equipment

About the hydraulics plumbing - I did a schematic diagram and tried to upload it here with no luck
I'll take a photo of it and upload that

I have a feeling that the third On/Off valve no longer functions as it should and the ball valve is a `patch'
I'd sooner get the original set up going
As it is, ths valve needs to remain open all the time.
To lift the 3PL, I then need to close the ball valve with the 3PL lever in the Up position
And the 3PL lever must be in neutral or the bucket controls do not work
It all works but I feel it needs sorting out!
Ideas?

Thats not right? You should be able to move your bucket and adjust your 3pt at the same time. I dont have a loader but i have run tractors with them and these small yanmars i dont thing are plumed any different.

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #20  
This is the tractor with what seems to be an original front end loader
View attachment 346694View attachment 346694

And this is the valve manifold
The mystery valve is on the extreme right hand side in the picture
Beneath it inline is the ball valve that needs closing to activate the TPL `lift'
View attachment 346696

I just put the following photos in a new thread (because nobody would ever find them in the future under this title).
This loader was in the warehouse of a tractor importer here, in 2007. They said it is an original Yanmar-Japan loader and it came over with a YM2220 or similar size FX model. Mark (over on some other tractor board) said he has seen these before. Look familiar?

346835d1385056002-yanmar-japan-oem-loader-p1060272-ym-japanloader.jpg

346836d1385056002-yanmar-japan-oem-loader-p1060273-ym-japanloadercontrol.jpg