Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system
OK, here is the latest `good' bit of news ... from parking the tractor last night

I had already let down the (3PL) set down the disc harrows on a wooden pallet
Then I noticed the bucket had some dirt and weed caught in it
So I lifted the bucket a touch and curled it forward ... and as I curled it back, lo and behold the 3PL went up
The 3PL lever was in the down position

But I can now avoid high pressure building up and never close that `d@#%*ed' ball valve

It's not likely I will be needing to curl the bucket up while towing gear
So I'll slide the 3PL lever Up and pull on the curl lever

The 3PL lever lets the 3PL down

Problems solved

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #32  
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! I reckon if that works for you then go for it. It would drive me batty (short drive) :D not knowing exactly what is going on. Thanks again for taking the time to take pictures and share with us.

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #33  
Thanks Darryl and thank you Winston for all your generous `remote help'

The further I go into it the further I've got out of my depth
I'm now comfortable at least using the tractor as it is (safely) until I get someone local to look at it for me

There's too much going on for me to work out:
The dud 3rd valve, that ball valve, pressurised fluid goes first to the 3PL, and now the 3PL going up when the curl lever tops out
And all this with what seems to be an original Yanmar loader and control box

Still, I'm very happy with this little tractor.
It's doing a wonderful job ripping and discing long days (dense red clay soils)

I'll keep you posted

Cheers
Bob

WP_000436.jpg
Yanmar YM2310D
at "Red Rose"
Taabinga (high on the Great Dividing Range)
Queensland
Australia

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #38  
something is wrong if your 3pt goes up when you curl? There should be no valves you have to close to work another thing. Somebody messed it up i think crossing hoses and put in the valve to get around a screw up.

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #39  
I've seen something similar on the YM240 with aftermarket loader. A heavy implement on the back can push fluid back past the 3-point control valve. This control valve must be worn.

The 3-point hydraulic cylinder seems to be fluid-tight, it will stay up indefinitely if the valve under the seat is closed.

This back pressure makes the sound of the pressure bypass, and also can raise the front bucket if the loader's control wasn't precisely centered. I've found the loader raising unexpectedly while I was grading going backward looking to the rear. I replaced the loader control valve this year which I think ended this issue.