FX24D throttle friction

/ FX24D throttle friction #11  
Thanks, I wasn't sure if the 12 was a size or just some other reference. My other method was to try all of the standard nuts that I had in inventory and guess at the metric size in between the one that was too big, and the one that was too small.

I have had the best luck for metric hardware at the local Ace Hardware store. The big box stores don't have much metric selection, I don't have a Tractor Supply nearby, and the other farm supply stores don't have as good a selection. I will try there before I spend a buck plus shipping for a little nut from Hoye.

If you have NAPA near you they should have metric nuts. Buy 1 each of the different small sizes ( 8,10,12, etc). They shouldn't cost too much

/ FX24D throttle friction
I tried the standard 12 nut. Now the issue is that the shaft is rusted and stripped. When I tried to put the nut on it was cutting new threads. I was afraid to break the shaft and not be able to replace it, so I stopped. I might have to try to cut some new threads.

/ FX24D throttle friction #13  
I think a 12 is the nut? i wonder if someone put a 1/2" on it in the past and it cut new threads and now the 12 is trying to return back to 12???

/ FX24D throttle friction
I think a 12 is the nut? i wonder if someone put a 1/2" on it in the past and it cut new threads and now the 12 is trying to return back to 12???

It's worse than that. Some areas are completely flattened, and everything is rusty. I will try to get photos tonight or this weekend.