YM2210D reconditioned good or bad

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #1  

bunick

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7200HSTD
New to the forum and looking at a ym2210d for sale about 160 miles from me. The guy says he bought it out of TX with a box scraper and mower. Who sells this is TX? I would like to see if they have a web site or call them to see what they sell them for to see how they hold their value. The guy says it was reconditioned and he has put 63 hrs on it since he got it 3 yrs ago and has had no problems with it. He was trying to get 6k for just the tractor, now has said he will take $6200.00 with the box scraper and mower or just $5500.00 for the tractor. I've read several hours worth of threads about these. I might try to get up there this week and look at it. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. I seldom see any of these for sale any where close. Here are some pictures of it. Thanks for any help.
Bob yanmar1.jpgyanmar2.jpgyanmar3.jpg

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #2  
If it is a USA model, probably good value.
Offshore reconditioned is often just a paint job and sometimes mixed brand components, over there they often patch them together add paint and ship to us. Commonly known as "GREYS".
For sure value retention is not the same class as Kuboto Deere or New Holland.
One sure give away would be 'rice tires'.
Good luck.

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad
Well it looks like it has rice tires but then I've thought most Yanmar's have rice tires. So far all I've got to go on are the pictures. He says it is or was reconditioned when it bought it out of TX. So I'm thinking it is a grey. Looking at the pictures as close as I can the paint job doesn't look bad. At least not everything is spray painted red Maybe once up close it might be a different story. I know I won't be giving what he's asking. I think it's a little high.
Can a guy know for sure it is USA or grey? Thanks

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #4  
The 2210 is a gray market tractor. If you look around this forum a bit you will find a lot of info (good and bad) about reconditioned gray market Yanmars.

Last edited:
   / YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #5  
That Yanmar is a Vietnam reconditioned Tractor. I can tell by the V Tek loader. It isn't reconditioned. It most likely had what ever was broken replaced to get it running and in working order,, painted and sold . There have been some success stories and some horror stories with these Vietnam tractors.. Good luck. It's hard to tell if it will be a good 1 or a bad 1. with only 63 HRS in 3 yrs

By the way,,,, Welcome to the site:welcome:

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #6  
There is plenty of support for that model. See hoyetractor . com and the many threads here.

If it has a museum-quality paint job it certainly came through one of the big VN owned import houses in Texas. They are all gone now. But they weren't known for product support even when they were big. They were merchants, rather than what we think of as a dealership.

If this has run three years without issues then it is likely good. The occasional disasters of cobbled together diverse parts became apparent pretty quickly. Yanmars are first quality and if all it needed was paint, seat, muffler, tires, then you will get good service out of it. Check it out same as any 35 year old used equipment rather than expecting the paint indicates anything.

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #7  
Welcome to the forum. :welcome: Where is Kearney? Just curious. I notice the pictures only shown half a roll bar. The best information you are going to get on that tractor is from the present owner. Seems like a fair price if it is indeed in good condition. As California stated, most of the grey market Yanmar "dealers" in Texas have either went out of business or started selling something else. I don't know it to be fact but I think the Yanmar lawsuits is what put them under rather than going broke in most cases. Anybody know different?

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad
I'm in central Nebraska. Yea I see half roll bar. I would like to get up to see it this week if possible. Thanks for all the info.

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #9  
Those things sell (or list) for at least 75% of new tractor cost and claim to reconditioned when really they are just painted and a Vietnam built loader is bolted on. I had a 4220D and I could never keep the FEL mounting bolts tight. Had to tighten them every time I used it of the bolts would vibrate completely out which causes some to be broken, some to strip and lots of replacements. I tried everything and nothing would keep them in and tight. Just a poor design. The hydraulics on mine were filled with some kind of slimy grey/green fine clay that was hard to get out. It took several cleanings and filter/oil replacement to get it to work for more than 10 hours without the filters stopping up ($39 per filter +6 gallons of oil each time) I paid 10K for it and sold it for $4K 3 years later. Engines are usually good in the Yanmars but don't depend on anything else being good or reliable.

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #10  
This tractor is listed for $5500 with a loader. Figuring 75% would be buying a new 22pto horsepower tractor with loader for $7333.33 That would sure nuff be a deal.