Calling all GT14 Owners

/ Calling all GT14 Owners #1  

Neat 1500

Platinum Member
Tractor
Only a YM14 MkII
My YM14 (Euro version of a GT14) has finally spat out the coupling from the engine to the electric PTO. The carrier is worn, bearings seized and burnt and it has fairly well stripped the spline out. The electric clutch still works well. Question is has anyone had theirs to pieces as i need to get the bearing out of the rear carrier without destroying it but i cant see a way without bending it as it is like only 2mm thick mild steel? Then the next job is to locate a spline socket and shaft :eek: I will get the carrier machined out to accept larger bearings which will work, just the spline business has me worried as i have no source of spares here..... :(

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    691 KB · Views: 172
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    779 KB · Views: 169
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 155
   / Calling all GT14 Owners
I have parts on the way all thanks to Gary Jamieson. I just need to have a hardened steel collar fitted to my bearing carrier and when the other parts arrive i can re-assemble it. I cant thank Gary enough for his help, a rare and true gentleman.

/ Calling all GT14 Owners #3  
I have parts on the way all thanks to Gary Jamieson. I just need to have a hardened steel collar fitted to my bearing carrier and when the other parts arrive i can re-assemble it. I cant thank Gary enough for his help, a rare and true gentleman.

what company is he with ?? I don't remember if I have them on my parts list or not. Glad to see someone was able help you out.

what company is he with ?? I don't remember if I have them on my parts list or not. Glad to see someone was able help you out.

I think he is called Jamieson Tractor, i am sure he will pipe up and correct me ;)

Finally after 10 odd months i have it completed and back together. I got a couple of hours mowing in and it worked flawlessly. I had the PTO carrier machined and a hardened collar for the bearing fitted, new bearings installed, Gary's spline female which was in great shape. I should now get a few good years of mowing out of it again. I will also start fixing a few little things as i go now like the sloppy steering and it's smoking habit (not too bad though!) Once again thanks to Gary @ Jamieson Tractor for his assistance with it all.

/ Calling all GT14 Owners #6  
:cool2: Congratulations!

/ Calling all GT14 Owners #8  
After 10 months. Seems that some tractor repairs take longer than others. haha

I can relate to that.

:drink: