Clutch Problem

/ Clutch Problem #1  

kayssupply

Platinum Member
Tractor
Iseki TA 207
I have a YM240 in the shop that has the clutch adjusted to no free play and yet it still grinds going into a gear. Any ideas? My thoughts are leaning towards a clutch plate with loose sections or a broken spring dragging.

/ Clutch Problem #3  
I agree with the pressure plate is the problem.

/ Clutch Problem #4  
Have you split the tractor yet? I had one that we split times before I caught on to what the problem was. The first time we split it we found the clutch disk stuck to the flywheel. It still ground after that. Took apart again and couldn't find a problem. The third time I took it apart I was holding the jack shaft with the clutch disk rusted onto the splines so bad that the shaft would not slide! Duh!!! I WD40's it real good, let it set for a while and then tapped it free and it worked like a charm, after the third time of course!

/ Clutch Problem #5  
You've gotten some really good replies, don't overlook the Pilot bearing sticking/seizing to the
Shaft itself. Happens every once in a while.
The Weird can happen. Someone at a previous time replaced the clutch pack assembly on my
2'nd tractor. Couldn't get the clutch play-engagement to be correct. Made a terrible Squeeling
sound when ever an implement was on the 3 point.
The posistion of the bolts for the Pressure plate and Bellhousing adapter plate had been reversed.
The loader frame was holding the halves of the tractor together! When any weight was on the 3 point
the halves would start to pry apart. Caused the splines on the shaft & disc to wear out, as well as the
Bronze pilot bushing
The bolts where all the same diameter and pitch, The shorter ones went to the clutch cover not
the adapter plate. With only one thread holding them in, they had "popped" out and where laying in the
bellhousing area.
Don't overlook anything, or take it for granted. You'll find it. Lloyd

/ Clutch Problem
Isn't this forum great. All of these one of a kind repair finds that you guys post sure saves everyone much pain. I only hope some of my posts are as helpful. I have the stearing sector off ,so I can try some lube. This is the turd I posted about in US vs Japanese. I am just trying to get it out the door. If lube fixes it I will be very lucky.