Yanmar 1510D fluid leaking on right rear axle - how to replace?

/ Yanmar 1510D fluid leaking on right rear axle - how to replace? #1  

audiboy

Tractor
Yanmar 1510D
Hi all,

hope you can help me figure out how to replace a seal or anything that will stop hydraulic fluid loss on the right rear axle.

I haven't pulled anything apart yet but I'm trying to figure out what to do.

The leak is coming out of #7 from this pic
Yanmar Tractor Parts: DIFF_LOCK

What I can't figure out is how to remove the hub #8 to access any seal in there
Yanmar Tractor Parts: REAR_AXLE_INT

I found this pic from one of the members
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ost-valve-transmission-pto-3pt-valve-axle.jpg

I want to remove the axle just to the left of that pic.

Do I have to remove the rear PTO cover and are there any clips that hold the axle to the final gear and diff lock?

If I do get the axle out like the above pic, does anyone know if the bearing and sleeves are pressed in?

thanks in advance!

Eugene

/ Yanmar 1510D fluid leaking on right rear axle - how to replace? #2  
Welcome to the forum. :welcome: Nice write up. I don't have a definite answer for you but I believe you will have to pull the pto unit as shown in the picture you attached. After doing that you should be able to see what is retaining the final drive gear. It appears to me the right side differential lock slider (#19) is pinned to the shaft. The left side slider has to be allowed to float and the drawing does not indicate a retainer on it. I don't know just how tight a fit those bearings are going to have. I do know from reading similiar threads that some people have used presses in removing and installing. Sometimes you can work around that though. Best of luck to you. Maybe someone will have some better information for you.

/ Yanmar 1510D fluid leaking on right rear axle - how to replace?
Thanks Winston!

I'll take pictures as I progress so maybe if it's not been done, I can be the one to share. It's probably not a common problem. I just wish my hubs come apart separately from the shaft as many other tractors.

Glad I found this forum. Very informative from all you members here