Tractor
    None

Default 155D 3 pt issue

Hello everyone,
    I picked up a YM155D from a friend, and the tractor appears to work correctly, but he indicated the 3 pt won't raise with any attachments. The tractor has power steering, and that works, so I would assume the pump works and the issue is in the lift cyclinder for the three point. What does everyone think? I attached a picture of the tractor. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-488974555-jpg  

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Default Re: 155D 3 pt issue

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking tractor. I guess your problem could be in several areas. I am assuming it has a diverter valve somewhere that designates a certain amount of fluid to the power steering. Will guess your pump discharge line goes through it and then tees to the steering and 3 point valve. Do you know the condition of your fluid and suction strainer? More times than not a clogged suction strainer is the problem. You probably already know but the suction strainer on the 155 is behind the flange where the suction line goes into the transmission case. You probably already know it may hold about 2-1/2 gallons.

Tractor
    None

Winston, thanks! Yes I was planning on doing fluid change since I know the fluid hasn't been changed in awhile. I would love for a simple filter cleaning and fluid change to correct the problem.. I am just waiting for the daytime temp to get above 11 degrees.

Soldner88

Gold Member
    Tractor
    YM2000

-picture-028-jpgI don't have much info on the 155 and it came to mind if it has a Serv. Stop valve ?, like my Ym2000 in the Pic.. It's the Large knob just like under the seat.The reason I ask is the PS. could be plumbed before it so it may still work. And if you do have it that would be a good reason why is won't move and closed by mistake ? If in doubt of the Hyd. fluid it's Due to check it and the Screen. If it's clean pure it back in.

Found it!! The reason I asked is Hyd. Fill with the Yellow cap. or the Valve? My Hyd. cap-fetch_file-1-jpg is Flat on the Shifter plate.
    Last edited by careyo63; 02-09-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Tractor
    None

The yellow is the fill cap. The 155 has a T handle for valve instead of the round handle as in your picture. I checked the valve, and it's open.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    YM2000

I see it now. And you can lift the arms by hand ?.

Tractor
    None

The tractor will lift the arms. If you put any weight on the arms it won't raise.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    YM2000

Hyd. Piston Rings if the Hyd fluid and Clean Filter doesn't take care of it. I bet it does.Not much more there could be.

Elite Member

Are you sure the PS and the 3PH use the same pump. Is that a PS resorvoir on the side?

Tractor
    None

The power steering is powered by the diverter on the export models. So at the diverter the hydraulic line goes below the footboard and there is another diverter under there, and then the lines go to the ps cylinder, the return goes into the bottom of tractor. I will let everyone know how the fluid changes goes, and what the fluid looks like.