Help out a "Blue" guy....

/ Help out a "Blue" guy.... #1  

tc35dforme

Platinum Member
Tractor
TC35D/16LA
Help out a \"Blue\" guy....

My brother in law just bought a Yanmar Model #YM 240D, serial # 01319. Anybody care to direct me to a website that can offer some info. I'm trying to find out if its a US or grey for parts availability etc etc.

/ Help out a "Blue" guy.... #2  
Re: Help out a \"Blue\" guy....

The 240D should be a US model. There are several dealers here on TBN that can supply parts.
Len Sheaffer doesn't have a website, but is excellent on parts. Danny Parker has Parker Equipment and has a good reputation for parts as well.

/ Help out a "Blue" guy.... #3  

24 engine hp, about 20 PTO hp, and yes it is an American market Yanmar. It is a plain and simple tractor but a rock solid tractor. It's grey market cousin is the YM2000.

/ Help out a "Blue" guy.... #5  

I own a 240D myself with a factory loader. I have been very satisfied with the tractor and yes it is an American version. I replaced the clutch last year, 400.00 for the parts but did the labor myself. No problem locating parts for the American models.

Good Luck!!

/ Help out a "Blue" guy....

thanks guys.....the one thing that really threw me was the two speed rear PTO. I thought that was an import spec. I guess not..... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Boy with a 1000 rpm rear PTO on my TC35D I could really use that brush hog to do some serious choppin' and fellin' /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Any website that can link the serial # to the year etc ??

/ Help out a "Blue" guy.... #7  

Try here for parts. 1-256-773-9951

/ Help out a "Blue" guy.... #8  

tc35
Most implements are designed to run @ 540 rpm. Running them faster could be very unsafe.