New Guy, PTO shifter (pto speed) broken yanmar 1500

/ New Guy, PTO shifter (pto speed) broken yanmar 1500 #1  

Elbamike

Tractor
LS 3038H
Hi, Elba Mike here, new to forum. I have the pto shifter gear box open and need to replace the internal shift parts. Is there an "easy" way to do this? I didn't find this on a forum search. Be nice now, I'm a city boy working on my first tractor. Yanmar 1500

/ New Guy, PTO shifter (pto speed) broken yanmar 1500 #2  
   / New Guy, PTO shifter (pto speed) broken yanmar 1500
Ref 34 is the shift box. And under shift levers, it's #44. It's a three speed pto, and it seems to have two # 44s. An upper for 1st gear (540) and neutral, and the lower for the higher speeds. Any way, 44 is broken. I'm going to tinker with it now. I'll get a picture.

/ New Guy, PTO shifter (pto speed) broken yanmar 1500 #4  
Just looking at the parts drawing I assume the shaft (43) that 44 fits on is a sliding shaft. Sure done't know but looks like the pto cover probably has to come off in order to slide that shaft back and get #44 off. Justs looks that way, sure don't know it to be fact.

I'll look at that. The first gear cog has 7 teeth missing, so it's trashed too. Maybe time for that Mahindra 6010 Cab model I've been looking at. And I'll explain city boy from Alabama on the intro page. Thanks for the help.

/ New Guy, PTO shifter (pto speed) broken yanmar 1500 #6  
Well shucks, hate to see you give up on it. I will watch to intro page.

I'm not giving up. I'm going to try to fix this one, but could really use a bigger tractor.

It does look like I'll have to remove the rear end to get to the gears though. going to be quite a task I'm afraid. Maybe I'll learn a few things with this attempt.

/ New Guy, PTO shifter (pto speed) broken yanmar 1500 #9  
I notice Hoye shows to stock both the 21 and 22 tooth gears. They don't show to stock #44 shift piece.

I think the #44part is called a pto shifter fork. there are two, both the same. I am back in Atlanta now, and the books and tractor are in Alabama, so.... To replace the gears is a bigger job than Ive ever attempted, but Im willing to try it. I think it would be quite expensive to have it done. I'll keep you posted, thanks for the help.