Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Elite Member

Default Re: My new Yanmar. What is it?...and other question.

That input seal should be fairly easy to replace compared to the output seal on a brushhog. Mine got a baling band wrapped around it and began leaking about 10 years ago. a couple of top-offs with Lucas, and VOILA!! no mo leaks.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Sometimes if you can clean the part of the seal that is accessible you can spray it with Brakleen, or equivalent brake parts cleaner, and then with compressed air to expand the seal rubber enough to reseal the shaft and stop the leak.

Cool that you've met Ed & Mike. Shortcuts on autowork? Ah, the magic of Television... Maybe you could talk Ed into starting his new show about tractor refurbishment and have him restore your Yanmar to factory condition?!
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Yanmar F14D, DR Wheeled Trimmer

Haha, I can just imagine Mike having one of his jaunts abroad to buy spares and ending up at Hoye! I actually have one other connection to that show, my friend was featured selling Mike some parts for a Porsche.

Anyway, now I've dazzled you with my celeb connection...

Back to the little Yanmar, probably the last question for a while, is it ok to change gear whilst moving, or should I stop? I've heard you're not supposed to shift while moving in some tractors.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluest View Post
    Haha, I can just imagine Mike having one of his jaunts abroad to buy spares and ending up at Hoye! I actually have one other connection to that show, my friend was featured selling Mike some parts for a Porsche.

Anyway, now I've dazzled you with my celeb connection...

Back to the little Yanmar, probably the last question for a while, is it ok to change gear whilst moving, or should I stop? I've heard you're not supposed to shift while moving in some tractors.
    Depends on whether you have syncrosmash trans or not. Try it at low RPMs first if not sure.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

The F14D is a geared transmission with no syncronization. It should be stopped to shift all gears. The FX14D is a power shift and the power shift can be shifted on the fly but not the range shift.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234