Buying Advice YM155D just bought

/ YM155D just bought #1  

Beauly

Bronze Member
Tractor
I now own a B3350SU!
Hi, I'm new.

Hope this post is ok, and in the right spot.

I just this morning purchased at YM155D for $1500.

It started right up, and drove around the lot at the tractor dealer were it was sitting on consignment. I shifted through the gears, ran the PTO, shifted in and out of 4WD, high and low range, lifted the PTO, (came up fast, down slow). I plan to remove the multi-belt driven finish mower and find the smallest (42") brush hog for it. What else? that's about it. Good deal to start?

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.JPG

thanks for thoughts.

Last edited:
   / YM155D just bought
Good deal??? You stole it!

Announcing for sale, YM155D for $4000....

Just joking... a few more images...

Question, can I mount Ag tires on those rims? or do I have to get new rims, Rear are 8-16 and front are 6-12, Does that make sense?

3.JPG
5.JPG
3pt.jpg
6.JPG
7.JPG

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    894.6 KB · Views: 173
   / YM155D just bought #4  
Welcome!
Nice looking tractor and a good price.
In your photo it appears your new tractor has the old 'funnel' style trans. shifter boot. So called because it funnels water into the tranny.
You should get the new style boot that actually keeps the rain out.
I will p.m. you with the part no. and price.

/ YM155D just bought #5  
Welcome to the forum. :welcome: You even got a front pto on that unit. Some would kill for that pto and belly mower.

/ YM155D just bought #6  
You even got a front pto on that unit. Some would kill for that pto and belly mower.
Hmm. Maybe reselling it for what it's really worth is the best use for this specialized configuration - then buy one that already has ag tires and without the expensive front pto / belly mower kit. Just a thought.

/ YM155D just bought
Hmm. Maybe reselling it for what it's really worth is the best use for this specialized configuration - then buy one that already has ag tires and without the expensive front pto / belly mower kit. Just a thought.

I think the market is fairly flat out here, (Maine) there was no one else in even in remote sight when I just got this tractor. To me, (please correct me if I am wrong) this front (PTO) with any number of belts to belly mower is terribly daunting to me.. as in..

"my gosh would you look at all those belts, and pulley's and tensioners, and then those chains that run up and under to the rear and hook onto... my gosh, they hook onto the 3 Point hitch and so the 3pt hitch must somehow raise up the mower deck... good gracious, that is "adjustment city" under there.

To me, a direct PTO shaft to a brush hog on the 3 pt hitch seems the way to go.

Or am I crazy?

/ YM155D just bought
Congrats, great deal.

well thank you. I guess this is a great deal. What would you have paid? Or what could I have paid..(looking at the images and my novice description)

/ YM155D just bought
Welcome to the forum. :welcome: You even got a front pto on that unit. Some would kill for that pto and belly mower.

thanks! wish me luck!