1500D Implements

/ 1500D Implements #1  

gobledoug

Tractor
Yanmar 1500D
I recently purchased a 1500D, and I'm looking for the models of PTO driven tillers and rotary cutters which will work with the 3/8" 6 spline PTO shaft. I've seen on the best-used page that Howse cutters come with #4 & #6 Metric PTO shafts. I looked up the Metric specs, but none of the spline graphics looks like the 3/8" six spline.
Another Q relates to Box Blades. Would a 48" box blade work to break up the old, lumpy grass in my cow field?

/ 1500D Implements #2  
Standard pto is 1 3/8" 6 spline not 3/8" Old style from the 50's was 1 1/8" 6 spline. I have seen some other variations.. like fine splined shafts.. etc.

My ym1700 came with the standard 1 3/8 6 splinesd shaft.. yours should too. Just about any cat 1 3 pt implement you can find will work on that shaft.. provided ya got enough ponies to power it.

A 4' howse or king kutter rotary cuttery should be fine... though I didn't check your location.. are you in america?

As for busting up clods and dethatching.. use a flexible drag harrow... other option would be an old bed box spring, or a piece of chain link fence with some timber on it for weight.. though that doesn't dethatch near as good as a real drag harrow.

Soundguy

/ 1500D Implements
You're right--1 3/8" it is--I measured it, but had a brain fart this AM.
I'm in NW Oregon, there are quite a few auctions around here, and I wanted to identify the right models so I'd be able to pick something up if I found it.
I've got 15HP to the PTO, but then I've only got three acres to deal with, so I can afford to go slow.

/ 1500D Implements #4  
gobledoug ,Im in NW. Oregon too
check out www.ernies.net
we could be neighbors ?

Ernie

/ 1500D Implements #5  
I've got a 1500D (1 3/8" 6 spline) and run a 5' brush hog (rotary cutter). It's fine for grassy weeds, but anything heavy and I'd rather have a 4' hog -but the 5' came with the tractor. From what I can tell, for regular grass mowing, a 5' finish mower would run well. You'll love the 1500D...especially after adjusting the seat mounts to give you enough room. I've put mine through a couple hundred hours of heavy work for the year I've owned it with very few complaints. My only advice for you is that when in 4WD do not 'tweak/pop' the clutch to pull stumps or to 'dig in' with a FE loader. There are some spindle shafts and gears in the front outer drive housings which can be very difficult to find and expensive to replace. Since I've repaired mine I've had no problems, and I don't baby it by any measure -but I'm careful with the clutch in 4WD while on terrain surfaces that won't 'give' easily to the tires.

PS: You're sooo lucky to be in NW OR. I lived out there for two years and miss the Pac NW every single darn day. Say howdy to those big ol' Doug Firs in the Cascade Mtns for me.