Price Check Price my US market Yanmar 186D!

/ Price my US market Yanmar 186D! #1  

MDL

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23
Ok folks, be honest and despite the vague question give your best shot at fairly pricing my Yanmar 186D tractor with the goodies. I'm trying to price it based on fair market value, the condition, the accessories, and the cost to replace it. Here are the specs:

Yanmar 186D tractor
- 4 wheel drive, turf tires
- 18HP 3-cylinder diesel engine
- 9 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds
- PowerShift transmission for easy no-clutch shifting (great for loader work)
- Category-1 3-point hitch
- This tractor has been professionally serviced using factory parts including all fluids and filters.

Yanmar YFL-650 front end loader
- quick detach
- single stick operation
- breakaway capacity 1,050 pounds
- lift capacity 650 pounds
- great for snow, dirt, gravel, feed, manure, etc

Yanmar YBH-660 backhoe
- frame mounted for strength and a powerful backhoe
- quick detach, easily mount or dismount in a couple of minutes
- PTO driven pump
- 6.5 foot reach with a 12” bucket
- swings 180 degrees
- fully rebuilt last year by a professional using factory parts including replacing all hoses and repacking the rams at a cost of $4,000
- great for removing rocks, drainage, trenching, transplanting, etc.

This is a US marketed Yanmar tractor and NOT a Gray Market tractor so parts are available locally, inexpensively, and quickly. A great running reliable machine that does big tractor work but gets into places bigger tractors can’t and doesn’t take up much storage space.

Comes with new tire chains for snow and a full set of Yanmar factory service, parts, and operation manuals for the tractor, loader, and backhoe.

/ Price my US market Yanmar 186D! #2  
Don't know but if i had the money u could deliver it to me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd say honestly 4000 for tractor? depending on hrs
1000 for fnl
2000 or so for backhoe?

Probaly a little more not sure what a backhoe costs new for small tractor i think less than 4K thou going from what a kubota one costs.

/ Price my US market Yanmar 186D! #3  
How many hours?
$4000 to refurb the backhoe?
That's almost the price of a new one.
Condition of FEL, tractor, backhoe?
Any leaks, smoke, rust, noises?

/ Price my US market Yanmar 186D! #4  
Since I have one of the early 186Ds with the power shift on the transmission case instead of the later column type shifter, I have a pretty good idea of what this piece of equipment looks like. However, I don't have a loader or backhoe. Parts are available in most instances, just not locally for me. I order them through a local Yanmar dealer and usually only have to wait until they arrive from Yanmar's US warehouse although sometimes they have to come from Japan. Does this unit have power steering? Mine doesn't but I think it was optional and my experience running a FEL without one wasn't favorable (in my opinion). It would be nice to see a picture to estimate condition, but my guess at value would be fairly close to what others have stated above: $4K for tractor, $1.5K for loader and $2.5K for backhoe.

/ Price my US market Yanmar 186D! #5  
I have a Yanmar 186-D 4x4 with a Yanmar loader for sale Its a parts tractor that the engine is bad on.
They ran it out of oil !!
I would like to sell the whole thing or just the loader
its a frame mounted loader with a joystick control
and shifter on the dash. I have no use for this tractor
maybe someone can put it back to life, I dont have the time anymore.
ernie@molalla.net 503-829-9170 in Oregon

/ Price my US market Yanmar 186D!
How many hours?

>>> ~1,200 (meter only goes to 999 hours so it could even be 2,200)

$4000 to refurb the backhoe?

>>> Yup! I have all of the receipts. It was a labor of love. This is a Yanmar factory (A relabelled Woods 650) FRAME mounted quick detach hoe, not a cheapo 3-pt hitch chinese unit. The big pricetag breaks out into 50% parts and 50% labor as I didn't have the time to do the work myself so I had a professional do it. Like I said, a labor of love and I thought I would be keeping it for a LONG time so it was an investment. I go all the way with service so instead of repairing one ram I rebuilt the whole darn thing!

Condition of FEL, tractor, backhoe?

Very good. All 3 pieces are in orignal paint which is faded and scruffy but the machine is straight and well maintained. It starts right up in summer or winter, never asks for a thing, and everything works as it should. Its a very strong annd reliable piece of equipment. I just put another 8 hours on it this past weekend digging out from the snowstorm. It doesn't smoke more than it should and doesn't leak. The is not an orphan machine or hobbled together project tractor, it's just 20 years old.

Any leaks, smoke, rust, noises?

>>> See above

"Since I have one of the early 186Ds with the power shift on the transmission case instead of the later column type shifter, I have a pretty good idea of what this piece of equipment looks like. "

My 186D has the column mounted PowerShift. This is REAL handy when doing loader work! I can't tell you how many times I flicked that PowerShift lever back and forth this weekend when I was loadering show back and forth. I can just drop my left hand off the steering wheel to the PowerShift lever and then back to the wheel while I keep my right hand on the loader stick.

/ Price my US market Yanmar 186D! #8  
I don't know what it is worth but it sure sounds like a nice set up. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I've posted pictures of it before and I just remembered the old saying "a picture is worth a thousand words"! Sorry, I'm a little slow sometimes..... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Attachments

• 348028-DSCF0059.JPG
    348028-DSCF0059.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 2,083
   / Price my US market Yanmar 186D! #10  
On the west coast (CA) I could probably get $8000+ for the whole package.