336(D) Rebuild Hydro Diverter Body ???

/ 336(D) Rebuild Hydro Diverter Body ??? #1  

dtperk

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 336D / YFL-1500
Hey all,

May have been covered before, if so; link me! :)
Need to tear apart my diverter valve body / clean / replace any worn components. SM states the "Plug" facing DOWN is the main diverter, and one on top facing UP is PS Relief.

Issue is; low hydro power on FEL / PS. Rear seems to be working just fine. Just serviced Hydro Filter, Removed / Cleaned suction screen, cleaned out sludge in bottom of Trans / filled with new UTF.

Main Q's are:
1) Does one NEED to remove the body to service?
2) If removed, any new washers needed at the banjo bolts - anything else?
3: Tips? Tricks? Things to look for / Watch out for?

Thanks in advance.
DTP

Last edited:
   / 336(D) Rebuild Hydro Diverter Body ??? #2  
I don't know how the 336 is plumbed for the fel. Most of the greys have the HP line from the hyd pump cut and run to the loader valve,So, I can't help with the diverter valve. I would recommend that you install a gauge on the line feeding pressure / fluid to the control valve. If you have the required pressure. I would look for a bad loader valve

/ 336(D) Rebuild Hydro Diverter Body ???
Thanks Ken,

Loader is powered off the diverter (PBY) UNDER the seat. Just asking about the standard diverter body on the right side of the engine on the High Pres side of the main pump.

Loader is working fine with all 4 functions. Steering is suppose to take priority over any/all attachments. Steering is fed off the main diverter body as mentioned on the right side (H.P.) of the engine (included the steering pressure valve along with 'diversion').
Thanks tho.

/ 336(D) Rebuild Hydro Diverter Body ??? #4  
I don't know about servicing but believe the banjo bolt gaskets are copper and would be reusable. My 2002D has the diverter valve. The parts list for it shows the spring loaded valve behind the line leaving the block going to the power steering. All other inlets and outlets are banjo bolts with nothing behind them. I suspect yours to be very similliar but only guessing.

Shows a 5/16" steel ball, spring, roll pin and that is about it.

Thank you Winston! What I expected, and Yes! You are correct about the plumbing/function. Sounds like the same unit. All my best! :thumbsup:

/ 336(D) Rebuild Hydro Diverter Body ??? #6  
Thanks Ken,

Loader is powered off the diverter (PBY) UNDER the seat. Just asking about the standard diverter body on the right side of the engine on the High Pres side of the main pump.

Loader is working fine with all 4 functions. Steering is suppose to take priority over any/all attachments. Steering is fed off the main diverter body as mentioned on the right side (H.P.) of the engine (included the steering pressure valve along with 'diversion').
Thanks tho.

Ok, In your post you stated that you had low hydro power FEL/ PS. I thought you maybe having an issue with your loader valve.

Thanks again Ken, I DO have reduced power on the FEL (and Steering). As the loader gets is 'juice' from the diverter (PBY) from under the seat block, this is down stream of the main diverter (right side of engine). Think that's where some crud has gotten in and reduced the flow.... Just guessing at this point before I tear it down and see what's going on. May have to do the pressure test on the diverter as noted in the factory SM with removing the spool in the diverter, installing the adapter and hooking up the HP gauge...... but there are 4 steel lines on the diverter and 3 mounting bolts..... (Path of least resistance!! :)

/ 336(D) Rebuild Hydro Diverter Body ??? #8  
Good luck. You do have the service manual which should help point you in the right direction. Seems like I posted in the past to someone else having issues that, according to the S M the ps taking priority over the other hyd functions and to check the diverter block. Sorry,,Don't remember who it was or if they ever got their problem fixed