Unknown function of lever(see pic)

/ Unknown function of lever(see pic) #1  

alorio1

Tractor
Yanmar 3110 John Deere 850
photo.jpgI am the new owner of a Yanmar 3110 and see this lever that I don't know it's function. I ordered a service manual from Hoye but I can't find the description of this lever in the manual and the pics aren't very clear in the service manual. I have not moved it with tractor running but did move it while engine was stopped. It moves easily but I just don't want to mess with some thing I know noting about. Can someone please tell me what the functionality of this lever is and how should it be used? It's the lever just below the gear shift decal. Thanks in advance...alorio1

Last edited:
   / Unknown function of lever(see pic) #2  
Parking brake? diff lock?

/ Unknown function of lever(see pic) #3  
That's the donglemeyer overload protection lever. If you feel as though your donglemeyer is getting overloaded you throw the switch rapidly and repeatedly.

To where is it connected? What moves when the switch moves?

/ Unknown function of lever(see pic) #5  
1234& C for Creep I believe?

/ Unknown function of lever(see pic) #7  
I always thought it was something to do with the creeper function. I have never used mine. I have No need for it

/ Unknown function of lever(see pic) #8  
Could it engage the 4wd or the hi- lo in the chain case.

/ Unknown function of lever(see pic) #9  
In the Pic. it looks like it's showing that if you move the Lever in the Down Position puts the Trans in Creep Mode?

/ Unknown function of lever(see pic) #10  
It doesn't engage the 4 wd. That's done with another lever. I have never given mine much thought