Yanmar weather

/ Yanmar weather #1  

winston1

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
I saw something today I have never seen before and I have been around quite a while. Wife and I were eating lunch at 12pm and glanced over at the porch thermometer and it was reading 68 degrees F. Never have seen that on August 1st in all my put togethers. Weather people have not confirmed it but this has been the coolest spring and summer I can remember here in North East Texas. I read of other parts of the country having hot temperatures. Just love mowing in weather like this. :licking:

/ Yanmar weather #2  
Climate change. Now everybody is getting somebody else's weather.

I think our future will be different from the past.

It rained here in Northern California the other day. Rain in mid summer is so rare I don't remember any other instances in July, ever.

/ Yanmar weather #3  
We are warm today.....about 85 degrees. If we stay that way for two/three days.....we end up getting a heavy fog coming in over the ocean and temp. will drop about 15 to 20 degrees. Still get our share of rain......about 90 inches per year......sometimes a bit more.

/ Yanmar weather #4  
It's 77 degrees F @ 6 PM in my part of the world. That's a welcome relief from what would be expected on August 1.

I saw this chart the other day.

weather2-600x512.gif

From Inconvenient chart of the day: Coolest US summer on record | AEIdeas.

Steve

/ Yanmar weather #5  
Climate change. Now everybody is getting somebody else's weather.

I think our future will be different from the past.

It rained here in Northern California the other day. Rain in mid summer is so rare I don't remember any other instances in July, ever.

We were in Sunny Southern California (my best Bob Barker impersonation) about 3 years ago and they had a thunderstorm. It had lightning, thunder and Rain. The cousins we were staying with could not ever remember rain in August let alone a thunder storm. Two days later had a earthquake. I am not sure they want us to come back! Lol

/ Yanmar weather #6  
I saw something today I have never seen before and I have been around quite a while. Wife and I were eating lunch at 12pm and glanced over at the porch thermometer and it was reading 68 degrees F. Never have seen that on August 1st in all my put togethers. Weather people have not confirmed it but this has been the coolest spring and summer I can remember here in North East Texas. I read of other parts of the country having hot temperatures. Just love mowing in weather like this. :licking:

We had a record low this week (I believe Monday) 65 ?

/ Yanmar weather #7  
Cherries ripe almost a month early this year, picking ripe tomatoes for the last couple of weeks. Everything in the garden early this year. Not to far from Jerrybob in the wet PNW, 85 today, and has been in the 80's for the last few days and more to follow.

/ Yanmar weather #8  
Cherries ripe almost a month early this year
Similar down here - just north of San Francisco and near the coast. The Gravenstein Apple harvest was weeks early, the family Bartlet Pear tree is already picked, and the wild blackberries I pick for jam are early too.

As for the cherry tree, the birds got them all, as usual. I'm considering taking it out.

/ Yanmar weather #9  
We got down to 56° here in North Alabama... Normal low would be 70°

/ Yanmar weather #10  
All of Alaska is having a wet, cool summer. Duck production should have been high. Wildfire season has been slow for firefighters.

Climate change in Alaska appears to be nothing out of the ordinary. One popular glacier nearby is melting and receding, but it has grown and receded at least 6 times according to geologists, and this time it has been mostly receding continually (but with a growth spurt during the Little Ice Age) for the past 17,000 years. Only the ***** White House and the bureaucrats it sends to Alaska seem to believe in climate change and global warming in Alaska. Sadly, some federal money is spent here to study and even respond to climate change and global warming.