Help with Yanmar 2210 maybe a blown head gasket but would like opinions

/ Help with Yanmar 2210 maybe a blown head gasket but would like opinions #1  
Tractor
Yanmar
Hello Everyone,

I just bought a YM2210 , it was not running when I bought it. I now have it starting but it is missing and blowing a white puff of smoke when it misses seems to be ever other time it fires. I'm thinking a blown head gasket and have talked to Steve "Spalding Tractors" he has advised me to post and see what other input I can get from the users in the Forum.

Here is a video of the tractor on start and while it is missing and blowing smoke. it takes a a few minutes to see anything I was hooking up jumper cables so it only shows the tractor there for a minutes which makes it look like the video isn't working but it is if you wait till I get around to starting it. https://plus.google.com/+Christophe...6043790075094959234&oid=111135562855269414034

Please let me know your ideals to resolve this problem.

Thank
Chris

Last edited:
   / Help with Yanmar 2210 maybe a blown head gasket but would like opinions #2  
   / Help with Yanmar 2210 maybe a blown head gasket but would like opinions
Winston, Thanks for the reply yes it does have a sweet smell to it, its also running warm.

Thanks
CS

Try removing the radiator cap, crank and watch for bubbles in the radiator. If you hold your hand over the exhaust can you feel any moisture when the white smoke comes out? Can you smell coolant in the exhaust?

I like this gentleman's explanation on white smoke. Reading Exhaust Smoke, basic Diesel diagnosis/Troubleshooting + related comments - PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum

/ Help with Yanmar 2210 maybe a blown head gasket but would like opinions #4  
Sounds like head gasket most likely. :2cents:

Well, off to the races. Will tear it down tomorrow weather permitting. Thanks Again.

/ Help with Yanmar 2210 maybe a blown head gasket but would like opinions #6  
Any water in the fuel bowl?

No water in fuel bowl. I wish it was that easy.

Update, please give input.

Okay as of yesterday, we thought we had just a head gasket issue . But after pulling the head it looks to be a lot more going on. note the value and nosel imprint in the top of the piston, I guy I bought it from said he had the head reworked 4 years ago. I think it was planed to low on the rebuild and I know it was getting water.

Here is the video of the damage please give me your feed back on as to why i am seeing imprinting on the piston. I not they had over tighten a value and that's why I see it's imprint. video link below shows it all .

https://plus.google.com/+ChristopherSchurmann/posts/D78VMDuRZP3

Thanks
CS

Last edited:
   / Help with Yanmar 2210 maybe a blown head gasket but would like opinions #9  
I can't pick up the video. Is the imprint on one or both of the pistons? If only on one I would not think it to be the head. Maybe loose rod bearing on marked piston? I think I would pull the pan and have a look.