Left brake sticking on YM 2000

/ Left brake sticking on YM 2000 #1  

heiny1

Tractor
YM 2000
Hey guys, two things, my left brake started sticking. I noticed it had been welded at some point before i purchased. The right brake has a zerk to lube but the left turns the shaft internally. What could be causing it to stick. It feels like it needs grease. Also is there a trick to getting off the front axle bearing caps, Iam sure they are painted and rusted in but before I beat them off with hammer I thought I would ask for a tip. (liquid wrench, torch, dynomite) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Left brake sticking on YM 2000 #2  
Check and see if the shaft that goes through the brake shoe cover is froze up, this is a common problem. Take the cover off and free up the shaft. The front hub cap has 2 slits right next to the hub, so you can pry it off, you will have to clean the dirt & paint off to see them.
Danny
Parker Equipment Co

/ Left brake sticking on YM 2000
Thanks danny, should there be a grease fitting on the bottom of the peddle? It looks as if mine could have been welded over. Will oil come pouring out when I remove the brake cover? Has any one purchaced a translated manual from Hoye parts on line, and are the any good.

/ Left brake sticking on YM 2000 #4  
The right brake peddle has a grease fitting, but the left does not. Oil will not come out, unless the seal behind the drum is leaking. I have Parts & Service manuals, in english for the YM2000. You can contact me direct for pricing. I also have parts.
Danny
Parker Equipment Co

/ Left brake sticking on YM 2000 #5  
Heiny,
I just received a translated manual from Hoye and it seems to be just like any other manual that began in english. I would recommend it.

Gary