NEW PROJECT

/ NEW PROJECT #1  

R Barger

Silver Member
Tractor
YANMAR YM336D/W Loader JOHN DEERE 850/ W Loader 2WD&4WD Kubota RTV 900
You would think I would be tired of working on yanmars but instead I went today and bought another YM336d. It has 847hrs with a spun rod bearing. It don't seem to have ever had a bolt turned on it. If this turns out good I'll sell the other one. 027.jpg

/ NEW PROJECT #2  
Could you take the best of both and make a really nice one. The body panels look worn. It has an odd looking badge between the headlamps too. Is that common?

On the intake, is that a turbo? The exahust pipe has no flapper cover to keep out water, rats, birds and wasps.

/ NEW PROJECT
Could you take the best of both and make a really nice one. The body panels look worn. It has an odd looking badge between the headlamps too. Is that common?

On the intake, is that a turbo? The exahust pipe has no flapper cover to keep out water, rats, birds and wasps.
Thats the original paint and the original Yanmar emblem. Everything on this tractor is original except the muffler. The thing on the intake is the air filter. You have to remember this is not a gray market tractor. I agree with you about the flapper but since I'm going to tear the engine completely down I will be taking care of any problems.

/ NEW PROJECT #4  
I would love to be able to come up with an original emblem.. Years ago,, Fredricks took them off or they were taken off in Japan (I don't remember which). If I can remember, I'll call tomorrow and see if they have any

/ NEW PROJECT #5  
Years back I was told by many that the Tractor Supply Stores sold Yanmar USA models until the John Deere deal came about making Yanmar only to offer tractors solely thru them starting around 1982.

/ NEW PROJECT #6  
That 336d looks like a good project, appears a nice find, are you finding these local ? You will have that up and running in no time, thanks again for sharing,maybe a pic or two of the lower end when you get it apart-

/ NEW PROJECT
That 336d looks like a good project, appears a nice find, are you finding these local ? You will have that up and running in no time, thanks again for sharing,maybe a pic or two of the lower end when you get it apart-

Found this one on Ebay and had to go 180 miles one way to pick up. Here is a few better pictures. It seems that only the one rod bearing was the problem. The engine looks like 847hrs inside. everything looks new.It doesn't look like an engine that has been run without oil. Maybe some thing blocked the oil galley on that rod.006.jpg003.jpg004.jpg007.jpg008.jpg

/ NEW PROJECT #8  
I guess it's time to drop the crank and make a trip to the machine shop. If you bought it right, you should be able to get some $$ for it

/ NEW PROJECT
I guess it's time to drop the crank and make a trip to the machine shop. If you bought it right, you should be able to get some $$ for it

If it turns out as good as I think it will I'll keep it and try to find a loader. I like my ym2002d but it is a little smaller than I need. The other 336 I have turned out to be a good tractor once I got the bugs out but this one is a nicer one.

/ NEW PROJECT #10  
I couldn't tell by the pics.. Will you have to replace the rod as well as turn the crank. I have owned drag cars, and when my engine turned a bearing, it usually also screwed up the rod