Green Yanmar

/ Green Yanmar #11  
I have an FX18D that came from north of the border. It was painted green over the original red (everything is green , even the hoses and wires). I have put 200 hours on it in the last two years without so much as a hiccup. The only problem is that the red shows through where ever the green paint is chipped or abraided - but what the heck - it's a tractor and I love it!

/ Green Yanmar #12  
<font color="blue">What kind of money does the YM 240 command in your area? </font>

Dunno what it should have cost. I bought it at beat-up used tractor price from a short term second owner who bailed after he spent several hundred $ on a starter.

This is agribusiness country (Northern California) and nearly all small tractors advertised here are 1 year harvest rental returns for $10-14k, or 4x4 landscaper units thrashed to death for $6k and up. Almost no private party CUT's advertised, so the dealer prices you see on Ebay are the norm.

I had expected to buy a gray market YM2000. The local seller of imported Yanmars said his equivalent of my unit would be a nicely painted YM2000 with new Koyker loader for about $7,500.

<font color="blue">physically the same size as the YM2610D?</font>

Dunno, specs are in the brochure. That said it should weigh 1696 lbs plus a little for the HD adjustable width front axle and the Wide Tire option. (actually has even larger tires, 12.4x24) I thought the loader would add 700 lbs. Actual truck scale weight was over 3000 lbs, with no ballast. I don't know the specs for a YM2610D.

<font color="blue">Can't open the jpeg info, for some reason?</font>

It works now. Might be a little slow to load.

Comment re. 'Green Yanmar': In the photo in my signature, there really is a lime-green tractor under that faded loader!

/ Green Yanmar #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hmm... I wonder if you were the other caller? "YM240 with loader"? )</font>

California,

I surely wasn't the other caller. I'm too busy to buy less than a truckload at a time, although I probably miss some good deals sometime because of that.

Best of luck with your rig. What part of Northern California are you in?

/ Green Yanmar #15  
Here is an example of a green grey market Yanmar YM1700.

Attachments

• 366458-Green 1700.JPG
    366458-Green 1700.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 697
   / Green Yanmar #16  
<font color="blue">" I bought it at beat-up used tractor price from a short term second owner who bailed after he spent several hundred $ on a starter." </font>

If the starter goes out again, just take it in and have it rebuilt. Saves you a ton of money.

/ Green Yanmar #17  
Jim is right. If you ever have starter problems with these little tractors do not buy another starter. First take it to an auto electric repair shop. There is a guy up the road from me that rebuilt my last starter for an Iseki for $30.

/ Green Yanmar #18  
Here's another Green Yanmar, a YM135D.

It's listed on Ebay. See:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2591948603
(I have nothing to do with that auction, just an interested observer!)

The auction unit has the model # on a round medallion. This indicates a year model a little later than my YM240 (1979~80) which had the model number in the hood stripe.

I saw a note somewhere on tractorbynet or another board that the USA Yanmars were painted red starting 1982. Can anyone confirm this?

/ Green Yanmar #19  
Mine is a 2nd owner YM240/Mod3, also with green wires and hoses. Where the paint has chipped, I can see black under green on the rear axle, but can't tell the original color anywhere else. The original owner had a case of wishful thinking I guess - putting that D on the cowl.

//greg//

Attachments

• 368694-left1.jpg
    368694-left1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 370
   / Green Yanmar #20  
<font color="red">"Can anyone tell me what that means?" </font>

Is this a trick question? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Uh, it means you are considering buying a green 4x4 Yanmar? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif