Green Yanmar

/ Green Yanmar #1  

BobinSeattle

I'm considering buying a small Yanmar 4x4 tractor that's green. Can anyone tell me what that means?
Thanks

/ Green Yanmar #2  
Earlier model Yanmars were a light green, or it could be a repaint to look like a JD.Here's one.

/ Green Yanmar #3  
The pea green Ynamrs are indeed older models. On the YM1700 and 2000 the only difference is the sheet metal. On the YM1500 there are some stamped steel parts versus cast parts on the red 1500.

/ Green Yanmar #4  
Pea green color means it is nearing 30 years or older.

/ Green Yanmar #5  
There is a tractor company in Abbotsford just north of the border that has a habit of painting their Yanmar tractors John Deere Green and Yellow. He has sold quite a few tractors in your area, so that may be what you are looking at. Model number?

/ Green Yanmar #6  
Another new member, my first post.

Thanks to you present members! I have learned a lot from you before buying my YM240. Now I hope my research can help another new buyer. Here's what I found regarding the lime-green tractors imported by YanmarUSA in the 1970's and 1980's. I don't know how much of this applies to the tractors first sold in Japan.

Below is a reference to a 1979 sales brochure illustrating the second-series YM240 that I bought. It's green and the headlights are in the grille. According to the serial number mine is at level 'Design Change Mark #3' so I estimate it was manufactured about 1979 or 1980.

After the manufacturer's tractor brochure is a dealer's implement brochure. The dealer showed a first-series YM240 with his implements. That model's hood opens like an automobile. My YM240 parts manual (for "tractors manufactured after 1975") shows 'Design Change Mark #2' for first-series hood hinges, so apparently the second series with forward-tilting hood began at Design Change Mark #3.

The parts manual shows Design Change Mark #4 as the final revision to the YM240. Perhaps someone else can post to clarify if these last YM240's were painted red, and also if the change from green to red ocurred earlier in Japan than on the American-market tractors.

/ Green Yanmar #7  
California,

Welcome! Nice to see another member from our area.

/ Green Yanmar #8  
Dave,

Thanks for the welcome! When I was looking for a Yanmar I seriously considered driving up to buy a clean one from you. Everything I've heard about you is excellent.

I saw this one in the local paper. The farmer told me he had a buyer who would drive down from Red Bluff that afternoon if I didn't buy it on the spot. I gambled that Yanmar's indestructible reputation applied to this particular tractor, checked everything I could think of, and bought it on the spot. Hmm... I wonder if you were the other caller? "YM240 with loader"?

California

/ Green Yanmar #9  
What kind of money does the YM 240 command in your area?

Is it physically the same size as the YM2610D?

Can't open the jpeg info, for some reason?

Thanks! David...

/ Green Yanmar #10  
The YM240 is the American version of the YM2000. Almost identical.