Size of the fuel line out of the tank

/ Size of the fuel line out of the tank #1  

clemsonfor

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000
I have a YM2000 and when i was at the farm this last weekend i noticed that my fuel line from the tank to the filter is weeping fuel. Not really leaking but looks like its sweating deisel fuel as the tractor looks like a few drops have hit it under neath. Also looks like the oring in my filter houseing needs to be replace when i do the filter and line at the same time. the filter houseing looks just oily like fuel is getting out at a SUPER slow pace, i did not see a drip or anything but i know its leaking.

I am out in the middle of no where and just wanted to know so that next time i go there i can just have the line in hand when i go there.

/ Size of the fuel line out of the tank #2  
MIne's been changed Along time ago. looks to be just 1/4". Fuel line. 2' should be plenty. May want to take some New Hose clamps also. Just sayin, Mine was done prior so I can't say forsure if you even need them. But it may be a good idea and not finding out that you do.:D

Attachments

• Fue.JPG
    Fue.JPG
    884.6 KB · Views: 249
   / Size of the fuel line out of the tank #3  
I believe the fuel line is 7mm ID (.27555"). You can sue if I am wrong. :D I would guess the 1/4" would work as Carey suggested. The 1500 parts manual says 340mm long (13.38"). Your 2000 could be a little longer. The fuel filter o-ring I believe is a Japanese standard p-42, 3.5mm cross section (.138"), 41.7mm ID (1.642").

/ Size of the fuel line out of the tank #4  
I could see that my line was wet also. I'll catch it with my yearly Filter. I show the line is 5/16 and has been like that over 6yrs. since I owned it. Both a couple bucks at NAPA. It does look alittle big so I'm going to try to use 1/4". If not 5/16 is fine with me.

/ Size of the fuel line out of the tank
Its been a bit damp in the past but the last 2 months it really went to weeping i guess. Maybe the colder temps broke the rubber down and caused it to crack more??

I will take clamps and several feet of 1/4'' as thats what it looks like as well, maybe 5/16 not sure? I will see if my oring kit is standard or metric. If its standard i will try and see if one of my loggers has that size on the truck or stop by carquest and see if they have it.

/ Size of the fuel line out of the tank #6  
Checked Carquest. They carry both 5/16"- 8m or 1/4"- 6.3m. Looks like I'll prob stay with 5/16. Definate if I was in your case out in nowere. The 1/4" maybe just enough to be to small. My luck I would break the old plastic Fuel Tank trying to force it on.:eek:

/ Size of the fuel line out of the tank
As cheap as fuel line is i will buy a couple feet of both. i use both on things. I think i have a mower that uses 5/16 and i have mowers and other things including outboards that use 1/4. I like to always have some fuel line onhand at my primary residence cause i never know when i will need it and i hate to make a special trip.