Bronze Member

Default shifting question

Is it possible to change the position of the shift lever on my 2420D so I can shift with the left hand? Also can it be shifted at high RPMs or should I idle it down when using the power shift?
    I bough a 5' farmpro box blade. Is farmpro a good brand to buy? Later I plain to buy a mower and a post hole digger. I just wanted to know if they have good parts support ect?
    thanks for all your help
    wendelin

Tractor
    JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket

Default Re: shifting question

The shifter can be rotated 180 degrees, but will likely strike the seat. Since it will rotate 180, maybe you could try 270 and see if it becomes a lefty

WRT FarmPro, I suggest a forum search. There's several dozen posts on them - mostly tractors - but you still should get a feel for what's "behind the name"

//greg//

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default Re: shifting question

As you know, farm-pro is associated with the homier tool sales people. It is a chineese imported product. draw yuor own conclusions. Expect it to be a light duty item.. Consequently, if you treat it like a light duty item, you should be ok... coinsiding with the light duty will be the 'light' price.
    Same for the mowers.

They also import the jinma tractors which aside from being chineese, seem to be gaining in popularity. I've driven a few.. and while they lack the fit/finish/and durability I think, of the 'big-3' brands.. they also lack about 50% of the price too.

Buy according to your planned usage.

Soundguy