Freeze Plug Block Heater for YM1110D

/ Freeze Plug Block Heater for YM1110D #1  

gbirky

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar models: YM1110D, YM1301D
With cold weather and snow here in Western MD, I find that starting my YM1110D can be a challenge. I want to put a block heater on it, and can get a lower radiator hose heater locally. The problem is that the lower radiator hose is very short, and has 3 bends in it - very little straight section. The alternative is a freeze plug heater.

Anyone have a freeze plug heater for a YM1110D (2T72 engine)? It has only a single 30mm freeze plug on the left side of the engine, by the starter. This plug is right beside the number 2 cylinder sleeve.

/ Freeze Plug Block Heater for YM1110D #2  
Have you thought about a magnetic block heater? We have sold a lot of those lately with good reviews. They are nowhere near as efficient as the other heaters but they are super easy to install. Just plug it into an extension cord and stick to the oil pan. You can drape a blanket over the hood if you think it is not warm enough but for an 1110 it should be more than enough heat.

Hope this helps,
Aaron
aaron@HoyeTractor.com

/ Freeze Plug Block Heater for YM1110D #3  
No matter which type of heater you install, when you run the cord to plug it in, loop it through the streering wheel to remind you it's plugged in and you can unplug it before anything happens. I have no personal experience doing it any other way, but have heard horror tales /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Freeze Plug Block Heater for YM1110D #4  
I put a 250 watt Wolverine oil pan heater on my YM240. Only a quarter inch thick and epoxied on, plus the electrical cord is tucked up nicely out of the way. Hasn't caught or snagged on the job since installation. Built-in thermocouple keeps oil at constant 125F. Never had to use the ThermoStart once last winter. But that's here in Western Kentucky. The Wolverine and your ThermoStart should be a good combo in Maryland.

//greg//