Temperature gauge

/ Temperature gauge #1  

winston1

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
Just installed this gauge on a 1050 John Deere. Equus 6262 - Water Temperature Gauge | O'Reilly Auto Parts Although the on line information does not state this, it comes with adapters, one is the m16-1.5 adapter required on all these grey market Yanmars. Several wires to do on it although it comes with some terminal spades it does not include wire. Takes a 2" hole for installation. Includes illumination light.

Attachments

• 100_7500.jpg
    100_7500.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 991
   / Temperature gauge #4  
looks real good there Winston, I plan to add a temp ga to mine, may have to "borrow" the install location from you !!!

/ Temperature gauge #5  
Just installed this gauge on a 1050 John Deere. Equus 6262 - Water Temperature Gauge | O'Reilly Auto Parts Although the on line information does not state this, it comes with adapters, one is the m16-1.5 adapter required on all these grey market Yanmars. Several wires to do on it although it comes with some terminal spades it does not include wire. Takes a 2" hole for installation. Includes illumination light.

Is the JD1050 yours or someone you know?

It's basically a YM4300. Those YM4300 are popular as grays in other countries like Australia, Germany, western Europe areas and Russia. Far and few have been here in the states as YM4300. I had contact Fredricks if they have access to the YM4300. They stated only one has ever made it over here in the years they have been doing grays restorations.

/ Temperature gauge
Just bought it a month ago. To cheap to pass up. 4 wheel drive, power steering, John Deere 75 loader for $4000. to get it in good working order. Probably sell it or my Yanmar later this spring when I decide for sure which one I want to keep.

/ Temperature gauge #7  
Just bought it a month ago. To cheap to pass up. 4 wheel drive, power steering, John Deere 75 loader for $4000. to get it in good working order. Probably sell it or my Yanmar later this spring when I decide for sure which one I want to keep.

That is one great deal. $4K for a machine already equipped with a good dependable strong motor. Did it come with a cab or not? There are cabs for it.

/ Temperature gauge
No cab, came with a metal canopy which I have removed. A lot of my work is in the woods and under trees. Can't deal with something sticking up very high. will put it back on if I sell.

/ Temperature gauge #9  
No cab, came with a metal canopy which I have removed. A lot of my work is in the woods and under trees. Can't deal with something sticking up very high. will put it back on if I sell.

If you lived within an hour drive, I would have made you an offer for the canopy. :tractor: :cloud9:

/ Temperature gauge #10  
Winston, were you able to splice into the stock sensor wire or was there a new sensor that goes with the gauge and if thats the case, did you need an adapted to make that fit or was it the correct size to screw into the stock sensor location? And I AM GUESSING but since there is a backlit gauge, was that another wire going to the ignition?

Have you installed an oil pressure gauge or is that necessary at all? And I am guessing that requires a big mod in tapping the block.

Thanks Dave