YM2500 - 28 HP Tractor Looking at Buying - 1st One

/ YM2500 - 28 HP Tractor Looking at Buying - 1st One #1  

Drifter

I am looking at a YM 2500 Yanmar tractor for my first tractor. The tractor was bought in Liberty, MS from Liberty tractor. The man selling it says they completely refurbished the tractor (new seals, clutch and tires and the such not to mention a new paint job). It does appear that way, there are no oil leaks, the steering seems to be tight and everything appears to be in good shape. It comes with a KingKutter finish mower and he wants $5,000 for it. Its serial number is 06079 and the diesel engine 3-cylinder is a 3T80. Does anyone have one of these? Any problems I need to watch out for? Problems with parts availability? How about a manual on this model where can I get one if I buy this tractor? Can any one tell me how old this tractor is (1977 ?)by the serial number? or any other information?

/ YM2500 - 28 HP Tractor Looking at Buying - 1st One #2  
I have recently purchased a 2500, so haven't too much experience with them yet. However, I can tell you what I have found so far. Seems to be a real nice tractor. Not heavy on the steering, starts, runs fine seems to have plenty of power. I think (could be wrong, hp conversion is 1.2 US hp per 1 Japanese HP). This would put the HP about 30US. they were only made 1 year 1977. There is no english manual I have found. The closest is the US model 330 or 330D(4wd).
Price is all proportional. I got mine sans new paint and still with original blemishes for a little over 3K, no delivery, tractor only, so you will have to be the judge. Not sure on parts supply, but they seem to be a little harder to find than some of the other models. Good Luck!