Yanmar 1610D Inter Axle Ratio

/ Yanmar 1610D Inter Axle Ratio #1  

RichardDLee

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 3110D
Hi everyone,

I'm in the UK so don't have the ability to buy the turf kit from Hoye.

I am trying to get a UK company to manufacture some wheels but I can't find the inter axle ratio number anywhere.

Does anyone know it for my tractor?

Does anyone know where it's stamped on the tractor?

Can anyone help in anyway?

Thanks for your help.

/ Yanmar 1610D Inter Axle Ratio #2  
I am trying to get a UK company to manufacture some wheels but I can't find the inter axle ratio number anywhere.

When stating the, "axle ratio number", are you asking about the lug-to-lug spacing and ratio that we call the "Bolt Pattern"?
Here's a link on how we understand it here in North America. Wheel Tech - Bolt Pattern

There is a listing I've come across about Yanmar tractor rims for sizes and bolt patterns.

Yanmar made many tractors for John Deere and on the JD parts site they do list Bolt Patterns too. This is sometime we all need because of outer rear tire wheel weights.

/ Yanmar 1610D Inter Axle Ratio
Hi,

No, not the bolt pattern. Hoye generously gave me that information in full.

I mean the number between 1 and 1.5 that you need to ensure that when replacing the 2 tyres or wheels you keep the ratio of the 4wd system the same.

Thanks for your help though.

/ Yanmar 1610D Inter Axle Ratio #4  
OK, look up Fredricks Imports website. Call and contact the parts service desk. I do know they have the answer. They have several HUNDRED parts and service manuals right from Yanmar to look up the info. The down side is, the manuals are written in Japanese. Just maybe someone has the knack to know where to look on the detailed summary sheet for the 4x4 info. Or maybe email them with the question in full like you had to explain to us here. :)

Fredricks totally restores Yanmars to better than factory condition. They know what works with what, especially the info you are looking for.

PS, once you find out, help others here who tend to search these forums often, and post your answer. :)

/ Yanmar 1610D Inter Axle Ratio #5  
OK, look up Fredricks Imports website. Call and contact the parts service desk. I do know they have the answer. They have several HUNDRED parts and service manuals right from Yanmar to look up the info. The down side is, the manuals are written in Japanese. Just maybe someone has the knack to know where to look on the detailed summary sheet for the 4x4 info. Or maybe email them with the question in full like you had to explain to us here. :)

Fredricks totally restores Yanmars to better than factory condition. They know what works with what, especially the info you are looking for.

PS, once you find out, help others here who tend to search these forums often, and post your answer. :)

PSS, Oh, found out that Yanmar 4x4 isn't locking. It's "open" thus it's really 3-wheel with the rear wheel differential lock engaged.

/ Yanmar 1610D Inter Axle Ratio #6  
This is the closest I have found dealing with 4x4 tire ratio forums for Yanmar ...

Yanmar 3110D 4x4 Rear Tires

It's a strange forum to post, BUT so easy to search by title descriptions. ( control-F in the browser) ;)

Here's a little more info on the ratio. A good input on testing the 4x4 tire size on the tractor.
Yanmar 1300D 4x4 Tire question

/ Yanmar 1610D Inter Axle Ratio #7  
I mean the number between 1 and 1.5 that you need to ensure that when replacing the 2 tyres or wheels you keep the ratio of the 4wd system the same.
I think the best way to research that, is look up the 'rolling circumference' of the prior and replacement tires in a tire manufacturer's website. I don't think the information is available anywhere else.

One thing to watch out for is Yanmar sometimes used different internal gearsets along with the different tire size options. So simply switching to a different tire combination that was also used on your model might be a disaster if that other option had different gearing.

As for the 'locking' 4x4: moving the lever gives a direct mechanical connection to the front driveshaft, unlike some bogus automotive systems like 'RealTime 4x4' whatever that means, which never transmit full power to the other axle.

/ Yanmar 1610D Inter Axle Ratio #8  
Simply measure the rolling circumference of a front and rear tire and divide the rear by the front #'s.

/ Yanmar 1610D Inter Axle Ratio
Thanks to all for your replies.

I could measure the current tyres but this is only a rough number that the wheel manufacturers aren't keen on using as they think its not accurate enough.
Also - if the tyres that were put on it last were wrong I'm just copying their mistake.
Maybe their mistake was small enough to not matter and mine is too but together it could cause a problem.

So that is why I am trying to find the actual number for the ratio.

I've emailed Frederick's and had an initial response but I'll wait until Monday and see if they can find me the number.

Both Hoye and Frederick's didn't need to help me as being in the UK I can't use them but Hoye were so helpful and I'm hoping Fredericks will be too.

Thanks.

/ Yanmar 1610D Inter Axle Ratio #10  
According to the 220/226 repair manual it has a 1.603 to 1 front axle to rear axle ratio.

To arrive at that the differential ration is 5.4 to 1, final drive ratio 5.9 to 1 giving a total of 31.86 to 1.

Front differential ratio is 4.5 to 1, front drive shaft gear to bevel pinion reduction ratio 1.571 to 1, front final drive gear to pinion reduction ratio 2.308 to 1. Front drive total reduction ratio 19.87 to 1.

Divide 31.86 by 19.87 and we get 1.603 to 1.

Put all this down just to show it is sort of a long process to arrive at the front to rear ratio. I think the only way you will do it is to match part numbers with a US sold model. In the front of the parts lists on US sold models there is a page giving gear teeth on all the drive line. If you had that for the grey you could figure the ratio but the parts manuals I have for the greys do not include that.

Do you have a parts list for your 1610D?