Hydraulic/transmission grinding

/ Hydraulic/transmission grinding #1  

Bigd9116

Tractor
Yanmar
After a somewhat lengthy battle with my yanmar ym2000 not starting we replaced the rear pto bearing and seal, strainer re-filled fluid and re-installed all the gears bearings etc.. We were pretty confident everything was lined up and installed the same as removal. Well we finally got her started and was anxious to attempt to drive and test hydraulics.. As soon as I begin to release the clutch pedal left side pedal. It begins grind pretty badly. If pedal is pressed no grinding .. It also did not have any hydraulic power. It did shift into gear and when I partially release pedal it began to move but had a grinding so repressed pedal. I used universal tractor hydraulic oil that states it will work on tractor using common hydraulic and transmission fluid. Any advice is appreciated. When we changed the bearing all the inner workings came out of the case as a whole and re reassembled them and reinstalled the rear plate with gears as a whole lining up the drive shaft

/ Hydraulic/transmission grinding #2  
I would start by raising the rear wheels off the ground. Your be able to find out were the problem is at alot
easier. Crank the Tractor leave the Trans. neutral. Push the clutch in and on the PTO shifter put it in 1st. gear and let the clutch out. The tractor wheels should not move but the PTO. shaft should start spinning. No problem then put the PTO in Neutral. One Shift up. Now put the trans in gear. Make sure you select Low /High Range and put in a gear. Let the clutch out and the Right wheel Should spin. The "L" shaped Bar on the left foot rest changes the Left wheel to be the pos. traction. Let the bar up and It will move back to the Right wheel after spinning. Every thing checks out then try putting The PTO back in gear 1St is US. 540 Rpm. And let the clutch out. Now the R wheel should be turning and the PTO also.
Hope that helps.
If something not right your know if it's the Trans Or the PTO.
The lever on the right is your 3pt. lift. If you raise it and the 3 point doesn't lift then there is a round Knob between your legs. Open it all the way and then try to raise the 3pt..

/ Hydraulic/transmission grinding #3  
make sure its not between gears or range, this may sound odd but these shifters wear and get in between sometimes causing noise......as posted lift the rear and listen, also make sure clutch is not the issue.....was it ever quiet ?

From CT