Yanmar YB 25 Excavator

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator #1  

AndyBees

Tractor
Ford 8N
I don't like starting a new Thread if the topic has already been discussed! However, I did do a search without finding anything of any benefit.

So, I just purchased a mini-excavator: Yanmar YB 25 with steel tracks, 3-cylinder engine... It seems to be rather old. It has two on-dash lights, temp gauge and hour meter. That's it as far as anything fancy :D..

Considering it's obvious age, it appears to be in fairly good condition. But, I'll need to be changing the air filter, fuel filter and oil filter.. Where do I get those things? The Air Filter has no number, nor does the fuel filter? Also, at idle, there seems to be one injector whacking. The distinct whack is pretty obvious. I've worked on VW diesel engines for 35 years. So, the diesel aspect is not totally new to me.

Anyway, where do I find parts for this thing? Is there a link with info on the YB 25? Does anyone have a service manual?

In searching on the Net, I've learned a bit about the grey-market! Wow! ...... did I buy pig-in-a-poke?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator #2  
I don't like starting a new Thread if the topic has already been discussed! However, I did do a search without finding anything of any benefit.

So, I just purchased a mini-excavator: Yanmar YB 25 with steel tracks, 3-cylinder engine... It seems to be rather old. It has two on-dash lights, temp gauge and hour meter. That's it as far as anything fancy :D..

Considering it's obvious age, it appears to be in fairly good condition. But, I'll need to be changing the air filter, fuel filter and oil filter.. Where do I get those things? The Air Filter has no number, nor does the fuel filter? Also, at idle, there seems to be one injector whacking. The distinct whack is pretty obvious. I've worked on VW diesel engines for 35 years. So, the diesel aspect is not totally new to me.

Anyway, where do I find parts for this thing? Is there a link with info on the YB 25? Does anyone have a service manual?

In searching on the Net, I've learned a bit about the grey-market! Wow! ...... did I buy pig-in-a-poke?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

I would start by contacting a Yanmar dealer. Or google Yanmar parts.
hugs, Brandi

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator #4  
What engine is in it? May be one thats in a tractor and if thats the case you can get all engine parts from Hoye Tractor most likely.

The three cylinders dont hammer like the two does so you may have another issue. But the two cylinders do clank , clack and bang and thats normal.

Find the engine id tag would be the first thing.

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator
Guys, thanks for the replies.

I did contact a Yanmar dealer in Nicholasville, Kentucky this morning. The guy in sales said to call back Monday with info. Unfortunately, all the various numbers to the right of the Japanese writing are all but faded away... (talking about the two tags below dash). The YB 25 is very plain to see though.

Yesterday, afternoon I did give the tracks and all the exterior a good pressure wash....... greased all the fittings I could find.

Today, it was my intent to remove panels to access the engine and give it a pressure wash too......... and find that ID tag. Unfortunately, it is raining cats and dogs here and doesn't look to let up the rest of the day.

Again, thanks for the suggestions and links!

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator
Okay, for what it's worth here are some numbers.

The smaller label on the right side: 00964 and just below it, 84319. There is no other English.

The larger label to the left has five columns and seven rows across with numbers......

(Note: The spacing is to show the relative position of each number in the column and row

KGf ............ 3035 ..................... 3060 .......................... 3145 ......................... 3170

KGf ......130 450mm ............ 145 600mm .............. 130 450mm ................. 145 600mm

***--------- 0.339 ................... 0.345 ........................... 0.352 ....................... 0.354

*** -------- 2850 .......................2860 ............................ 2960 ..................... 2970

KGf ...........................2120 ............................................................ 2230

FS ..............................................................22

Km/Hr ........................ 1.6 .............................................................. 1.6

***Indicates I cannot make out what is there.

To the left of each row and above each column is writing in Japanese.

Engine number stamped on lower part of block just above the oil pan: 3175H - 8439

So, does any of this makes sense to anyone?

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator #7  
Take a better look at that number just above the oil pan: 3175H - 8439 or could be 3T75H - 8439 Because here is a link for an Oil Filter for Yanmar YB 25 Engine Yanmar 3T75H...I know this is not a USA website but it may give you a little more info or a place to start...Link>>> Oil Filter for Yanmar YB 25 Engine Yanmar 3T75H, 7,75 €

Air filter Link>>>Air Filter for Yanmar YB 25 Engine Yanmar 3T75H, 15,41 €

Fuel Filter Link>>> Fuel Filter for Yanmar YB 25 Engine Yanmar 3T75H, 4,87 €

Hyraulics Filter Link>>> Hydraulics Filter for Yanmar YB 25 Engine Yanmar 3T75H, 15,21 €

Hoye Tractor most will likely have all these items... Just call them if it is a 3T75H Engine...

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator #8  
yea i was going to say the engine model is going to be mostlikely 37??? something and maybe a letter at the end?

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator
It's been well over a year since I purchased the Yanmar Excavator and started this Thread.

So, far, I've been able to find filters for the machine.

I've done quite a bit of work with it. Although it is old, it does perform quite well.

Obviously, during this time, I found a lot of mechanical problems and have addressed most of them. The power cogs for the tracks are pretty much near their usefulness. Besides replacement with new ones (if they can be found), does anyone know of other options..... welding up and milling down maybe.

As I am moving it from one place to another, there's a popping noise at one of the pulling cogs.... it appears the cog is almost ready to jump a tooth due to the excessive wear. Also, there appears to be a grinding coming from one or more of the bottom rollers. Sometime in the past, someone custom made an adjusting spring holder for one of the tracks. The other one is OE but needs some work too. Oddly, someone took out one section/cleat in the right track which is the one with the custom made adjuster.

Although the excavator is still functional, it is time to make contact with one of the dealers or parts suppliers.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator #10  
Since you last posted, I bought a Caterpillar E70. It is grey and was a Mitsubishi MS070. Everything works great and looks great. Sometimes while traveling, I hear loud popping from underneath. I understand this might be a track chain that has worn and stretched enough to catch on the drive gear. When it pops, it is trying to jump a tooth. But my chain and gear look good. 7-16-16 CAT Ready for Pond Cleanout.jpg
Maybe that track needs a link taken out. Contact Birmingham Alabama Heavy Equipment Parts Dealer New used & rebuilt Parts & compoments for Loader Backhoes, Bulldozer, or Excavators & Earthmoving

Undercarriage Parts - North American Track

Undercarriage Superstore for all Heavy Equipment.3 Year/4, Hour Warranty!
to see if they have or know someone that has what you need. I got these links from a quick google search. Also, join Heavy Equipment Forums and ask them for help finding parts.
hugs, Brandi

Last edited: