New here...

/ New here... #1  

2Cylinder

Tractor
Yanmar 1500D
Just recently purchased a Yanmar 1500D with FEL. I've run tractors and heavy equipment before but this little tractor impresses the heck out of me with it's power. The tractor has had a lot of extras added by the previous owner to include power steering, dual remotes for the rear and a water pump to keep it from over heating. I bought it to help combat the several feet of snow we get living off the end of Lake Ontario. The past 6 years I've been doing it all with a 4 wheeler and plow, getting to old to be beating myself up with that. Great looking forum and I hope to learn a lot about this tractor.

/ New here... #2  
Welcome to the forum......those little tractors are great machines. Your 1500D is basically the same as my 186D......the 186D was sold here in the USA. They are tough little tractors and run forever on a tank of fuel. Lots of great info. out on TBN......some very knowledgeable folks as well. Good luck!!!!

/ New here... #3  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site. (Yanmar donk in my 4105)

/ New here... #4  
:welcome:
To TBN 2Cylinder.

/ New here... #5  
Welcome to the forum. :welcome: Sounds like the former owner might have been a bit of a hydraulic guru. Interested in your remotes and to hear a little more of your power steering. Hoye's kit does not fit the 1500. Any chance of a few pictures of your machine?

/ New here...
Thanks for the welcome guys. Winston1, it's a cob job that needs some adjustment since the tractor turns on a dime to the right but needs a 40 acre field to turn to the left, but for now it's working alright. In the first picture I was playing with a cab idea, that's the cab from my walk behind snowblower...Looks pretty good on there. The other pics are of the "power steering" and the dual remotes on both back fenders.

20150828_165606.jpg20150724_191526.jpg20150724_191541.jpg

/ New here... #8  
Nice looking tractor. Thanks for the pictures.

My eyes may be decieving me. Did you add a tool box between pictures 3 and 1?

Where did they tie in the hydraulics to power the steering and remotes?

I see hoses going from power steering cylinder up toward the steering box. Did they change out the original steering gear box?

Looks like a Coldwater loader.

Is it possible someone added spacers to move those rear fenders out or is that factory? Also notice spring upgrade on the seat and rear worklight. No doubt you have a customized 1500D.

/ New here... #9  
Where did they tie in the hydraulics to power the steering and remotes?

I see hoses going from power steering cylinder up toward the steering box. Did they change out the original steering gear box?

Looks like a Coldwater loader.

Is it possible someone added spacers to move those rear fenders out or is that factory?

Yes the steering box has been replaced, take a close look at the 3rd photo. It appears to be one like off a forklift or something similar. It is a Green 1500D painted red. The Fenders have been spaced out which is a great idea, I might just do that to mine.

/ New here...
Thanks winston1. You are correct I added a 50 Cal. ammo box to the loader frame to keep tools, chains and hitch pins in. As for the steering I think Neat 1500 is right and it probably is off of a forklift, the guy had a couple forklifts setting around that looked like they had been scavenged for parts. The previous owner owns a machine shop so he tinkered with this thing a lot, I think he spaced out the fenders to make room for the rear remote controls on that are mounted on the right fender.