Hydraulic fluid reservoir on YM1500D

/ Hydraulic fluid reservoir on YM1500D #1  

loving

Tractor
Yanmar 1500D (red)
I have a front end loader on my YM1500D that was scabbed on. The pump appearantly has two outputs, one goes to the hitch, one to the control valve for the loader. The return from the loader tees into the return from the hitch, then the return line goes to the pump.

One of the support columns for the loader is a tank, with a fill at the top and drains at the bottom. It leaks a little at the bottom, but I've been dilegently topping it off as long as I've owned the trackor.

Imagine my chagrin to find that none of the hoses connect with this 'tank'! I've been lugging around a couple quarts of fluid for nothing!

But now I am puzzled. Where is the reservoir on this system? It's got to have one somewhere, right? The hitch and loader both work as expected (but not at the same time, the hitch must be all the way up before any power gets to the loader)

Should I plumb the loader's tank into the return line? That tee is leaking and I want to fix it up right.

/ Hydraulic fluid reservoir on YM1500D #2  
To the left of the gear shifter you will notice a yellow screw in cap. That the hydrualic fill cap. Basically the rear end of your tractor is the tractors hydraulic reservoir.

Attachments

• 387692-YM1500D seat and fenders.jpg
    387692-YM1500D seat and fenders.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 686
   / Hydraulic fluid reservoir on YM1500D
Yipes! Boy do I need a manual. I thought that cap was for gear lube for the rear end.

Can you tell me what that valve right there is for? Mine is about 1/2 open and I haven't tried to see what happens with it.

/ Hydraulic fluid reservoir on YM1500D #4  
The hydraulic fluid IS the gear lube for the rear end. Which valve are you referring to? The round knob under the seat. It controls lift speed on the 3 point. Close it all the way and it completely locks the 3 point.