What's this, and why is juice leaking out of it?

/ What's this, and why is juice leaking out of it? #1  

callais

Tractor
yanmar 2000
What\'s this, and why is juice leaking out of it?

Okay, .....so I'm not a mechanic, guessing it being a injector thingy, why is it leaking diesel? It only happens while running the tractor, very slow leak and seems to evaporate or seep elsewhere by the next day. Is this something easily fixed, and if so, ...how? All in all, the tractor seems to be running great, no odd noises, very little smoke at first startup of the day, (just a puff or two). Thanks for any help.

Callais

Attachments

• 388191-Mvc-101f.jpg
    388191-Mvc-101f.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 514
   / What's this, and why is juice leaking out of it? #2  
Re: What\'s this, and why is juice leaking out of it?

Callais:

Well, you got the name of the thingy right...it is a injector and if you loosen the 2 nuts on either side of it you can pull it out but have you checked the rubber hose brining fuel to it first...look to be old and painted...maybe it's only the rubber hose needs replacing?

Whiskey

/ What's this, and why is juice leaking out of it? #3  

I agree it looks like the hose side witch is the return line low presure back to tank, also its hard to tell from picture where it's leeking but often the brass washers on top bango fitting, top bolt so you understand, will start to leak,easy fix. if it is the bottom line try to snug up it may have loosend if then the bottom line still leeks the flair if that may have cracked or compresion fitting if that type cracked th line where it seals.
The bottom fitting is high presure don't put your fingers in there while its running!! the best whay to find the leak is clean with brake clean and run tractor to see were the injecter gets wet.

/ What's this, and why is juice leaking out of it? #4  

I looked at the picture again and it realy looks like one of the washers, maybe just loose,that would be nice. but absolutely check the lines bofore you pull the injecter, for they realy dont leak out side unless the injecter body cracked,never realy herd or seen that.

/ What's this, and why is juice leaking out of it? #5  

As ttnh said , keep your hands away from the leak , as it could be the high pressure side that's leaking .
A trick we used on acft. to find a leak was put dye in the fuel . Or in this case use off road fuel as it's red . Clean the area very well , and sprinkle a bit of Talcum ( baby ) powder on the area . The source will become very obvious .
John

/ What's this, and why is juice leaking out of it? #6  

The injector lines are not rubber hose........they're steel lines.

/ What's this, and why is juice leaking out of it? #7  

Yes but the return line is rubber low pressure,to return unused fuel back to the tank. look at your tractor closer i beleive NH will be the same there should be two lines to each injecter,the top line is the return

/ What's this, and why is juice leaking out of it?

Thanks alot guys, I looked it over this morning and found a small split in the low pressure line, (it is rubber). Easily replaced it and then Rented a bionic blade and used the tractor for about 6 hours, without the first signs of a leak.

Callais

/ What's this, and why is juice leaking out of it? #9  

<font color="blue"> but have you checked the rubber hose brining fuel to it first </font>
Thats what I was replying to........the line bringing fuel to the injector, I said nothing about the return line which I know is rubber

<font color="blue"> look at your tractor closer </font>
Don't need to /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I know what I have