Coldwater tractors no more?

/ Coldwater tractors no more? #11  
Tractor Ernie (a former Northwest importer of clean used, not reconditioned) Yanmars jumped to Coldwater's defense when I commented that Coldwater's loader design looked a little lightweight. That reply changed my mind, Ernie knows what he is talking about. An endorsement by Ernie is sufficient to convince me that a Coldwater loader is a good buy.

I still think Coldwater's business strategy is missing an important element if he has no internet visibility but that doesn't reflect on the quality of his products ... if you can find him!

/ Coldwater tractors no more?
I have no qualms with no internet presence. I would like to see some pictures of the work and see what it looks like on a 186

/ Coldwater tractors no more? #14  
Here's a Craigslist post showing a Coldwater loader.

Tractor, 4x4, Yanmar, New loader and brush hog

I'm still digging around on CL, come back in a few minutes and see if I updated this post with more examples.

yanmar 4x4 diesel tractor new loader

The refurb dealer in Corona (Los Angeles region) seems to be using Coldwater loaders now.

inland empire farm & garden "yanmar" - craigslist

Yanmar 4X4 tractor with loader

And a junk YM186D being parted out. (the loader is sold).
yanmar 186 d for parts
His photos give you a comparison to the Coldwater loader.

That's all. These CL listings will disappear when sold so you might want to save a copy of the photos for yourself.

Last edited:
   / Coldwater tractors no more? #15  
I was at Coldwater a few years ago......he is about an hour from me. When I visited......he had over a hundred Yanmars scattered around his property. They were building a backhoe at the time and had a couple of FELs on site. While I was there......he sold a tractor with backhoe/FEL and another guy came in an ordered a FEL. I know a local guy that has one of his FELs and likes it. I must admit......his place is not pretty but he's got a lot of stuff spread out over several acres. My two cents.

/ Coldwater tractors no more?
Very nice thanks for looking around on there. The 186 should be heavy enough to get some digging and scraping here on the farm with that FEL

/ Coldwater tractors no more? #17  
If Coldwater wasn't on the other side of the world from me. I would have already most likely bought one of his loaders. Shipping would be $$$$$. And I'm the worst and can hardly type. My punctuation and spelling Sux. Big Time. Mostly from a Arm, Hand and Head Injury's. I have to keep a online Dic. in my Favorites so my posts don't make me look Stupid! Well I better not go there :laughing:
Cold water doesn't have _ _it on me. Never hear anything bad about his products. So I could care less about his spelling. LOL. Plus I have a JD with a Fel. I can bring to this property if need be @ 55Hp. I've used it for the last 10yrs. and know all to well it's capability's. That's why my 2000 doesn't have a FEL.. Fact is I'm fixing to buy a Dirt Scoop to haul things around with. Not so much Digging with....

/ Coldwater tractors no more? #18  
Coldwater loaders only have a single curl cylinder where other loaders have 2, which has never seemed to be a problem. A man can curl a 600 lb load with a small crowbar. The price difference, ($1800 vs $2500), makes it worthwhile.

/ Coldwater tractors no more? #19  
There are commercial pieces of equiptment with single cylinder dumps. as long as the bucket is rigid enough and that single cylinder can move the weight and not rip out of its mount that is a non issue.

/ Coldwater tractors no more? #20  
Here's a Craigslist post showing a Coldwater loader.

Tractor, 4x4, Yanmar, New loader and brush hog

I'm still digging around on CL, come back in a few minutes and see if I updated this post with more examples.

yanmar 4x4 diesel tractor new loader

The refurb dealer in Corona (Los Angeles region) seems to be using Coldwater loaders now.

inland empire farm & garden "yanmar" - craigslist

Yanmar 4X4 tractor with loader

And a junk YM186D being parted out. (the loader is sold).
yanmar 186 d for parts
His photos give you a comparison to the Coldwater loader.

That's all. These CL listings will disappear when sold so you might want to save a copy of the photos for yourself.

Is that dealer in Corona selling Frederics yanmars as far as you can tell? or buying old VN ones in the region and going over them? They must be as there not calling them YNM tractors or japanese diesel tractors.