Considering Yanmar Grey Market unit

/ Considering Yanmar Grey Market unit #1  

jordanh

Bronze Member
Tractor
B6100 4WD gear shift
I've seen that Yanmar appears to be the most widely distributed and supported grey market tractor around.

My concern is with the PTO. I understand many of the grey market tractors suffer from PTO's with rotation reverse of what American made tractors and implements use.

Is this true for Yanmar? If so, how do you deal with it? If not always true, how can you tell? By model, year, personal inspection?

Thanks!

/ Considering Yanmar Grey Market unit #2  
I've only been messing with Yanmars for about 3 years, but I have yet to see one with a PTO different than any other except for having more speeds. That goes for Hinomoto,Mitsubishi,Iseki, or any others I personally have had hands on.

/ Considering Yanmar Grey Market unit #3  
I think I read that it is mainly the smaller, older Shibauras that turn the wrong way. And if I recall correctly, they have 18-tooth splines instead of 6.

/ Considering Yanmar Grey Market unit #4  
Ironically, it's some of the little Kubota's that turn the wrong way. A B6000 (B6100?) is one of them. I've never seen a Yanmar with an improper PTO. Some of the little Mitsu's have an odd spline, but adapters are available.

/ Considering Yanmar Grey Market unit
Thanks Guys! That puts my mind at ease.

:^D

/ Considering Yanmar Grey Market unit #6  
The (made for U.S. by Mitsubishi) Satoh Beaver and its Japanese equivalent also had a reverse direction pto.