Price Check Looking to buy rebuilt Yanmar 155d with FEL/backhoe/tiller for $5,500

/ Looking to buy rebuilt Yanmar 155d with FEL/backhoe/tiller for $5,500 #1  

Iowayanmar155d

Tractor
Yanmar 155d
Hi thanks I'm new here.... Guy in my town has a Yanmar 155d with loader, backhoe, and tiller. Tractor was rebuilt from ground up by him, as he's a small engine/little bit of everything mechanic at local machinery rental place. Tractor only had 330hrs, but previous owner let water get into exhaust and lock up motor.... Hence the rebuild. Has new tires all around. With these attachments and rebuild he's asking $5,500. I have a small acreage with most of tractors work going to be tilling/discing/plowing small to medium food plots for a business. He said when he rebuilt he turned up fuel pump and should be around 20hp vs 15 stock... Ideally I'd like a bigger unit but my budget is around $5,000 and with being basically a new unit and all the attachments it sounds like a good deal...? Any thoughts or suggestions? I know a guy that worked with him and he said he would have done a good job on the tractor, for what it's worth...

/ Looking to buy rebuilt Yanmar 155d with FEL/backhoe/tiller for $5,500 #2  
If he is a good mechanic that could be a good little tractor. Personally I like everything kept stock with stock settings. Do you know what it was used for and how good of condition is it in? Those were made in the late seventies so I am guessing the tires were replaced due to cracking being left out in the weather, so I'd worry about the hoses. Are they new? Important with as many hoses that are going to be on it including the backhoe's.

/ Looking to buy rebuilt Yanmar 155d with FEL/backhoe/tiller for $5,500 #3  
Welcome to the forum. :welcome: Sounds like a deal to me. I doubt it stays for sale very long. I don't understand trying to up the horsepower. the stock engine has plenty of horsepower to spin the wheels. Maybe going to race it? :D

/ Looking to buy rebuilt Yanmar 155d with FEL/backhoe/tiller for $5,500 #4  
If it runs out well, jump on it in a heartbeat. Great deal. Better yet, PM me the location;).

/ Looking to buy rebuilt Yanmar 155d with FEL/backhoe/tiller for $5,500 #5  
You CAN"T turn up the fuel pump on these Yanmars. The guy is a total LIAR!!!

/ Looking to buy rebuilt Yanmar 155d with FEL/backhoe/tiller for $5,500 #6  
The backhoe is worth half that, alone.

That is an excellent price if it is as good as described and suitable for your needs.

These elderly ones are indestructible and about as simple as a Crescent wrench, there's not much to break, and cheap to fix.

I would do it.

/ Looking to buy rebuilt Yanmar 155d with FEL/backhoe/tiller for $5,500 #7  
You CAN"T turn up the fuel pump on these Yanmars. The guy is a total LIAR!!!
You sure? My YM240 has a safety wire with a lead seal, on the governor. The wire is cut, I suppose from someone tinkering. I've never looked to see if (either) YM186D had that wire.

/ Looking to buy rebuilt Yanmar 155d with FEL/backhoe/tiller for $5,500
If he is a good mechanic that could be a good little tractor. Personally I like everything kept stock with stock settings. Do you know what it was used for and how good of condition is it in? Those were made in the late seventies so I am guessing the tires were replaced due to cracking being left out in the weather, so I'd worry about the hoses. Are they new? Important with as many hoses that are going to be on it including the backhoe's.

It was rebuilt from ground up, new hoses and all.....

Ha ya it's not advertised, I just happened to see it at his shop, if I don't end up getting it for whatever reason I'll let ya know

Ok I'll have to corner him on that and ask him to show me what he did....