Newbie with new mods to his 2210d!!

/ Newbie with new mods to his 2210d!! #1  

Jtullis13

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2210D & YM 155D
Hello everyone. Newbie here, I recently purchased a YM2210d with FEL. I had posted some pics a while back and asked several questions and got some great responses! Thanks for all who put their 2 cents worth in for me. Today I just wanted to post some pics of some mods I have done in the last 2 weeks. Thanks to Scotty and some of his posts I was able to perform some mods of my own, so thanks Scotty!! I added the rear wheel spacers from Hoye Tractor, and also added a water temp and oil pressure gauge. Since my hood is different than Scottys I had to come up with a different way to mount my gauges. So let me know what you guys think, or give me some advice on other mods that would be beneficial. I am hoping to get some good use out of this tractor this summer. Also does anyone have a grey market tiller that came with these tractors? I thought about getting one from Fredricks but didn't know if those tillers were any good. Also I have the Power Assist/Power steering kit on its way, hoping to see it at my door in the next few weeks too. The first picture is before the rear wheel spaces. Sorry if the gauge pics are dark I didn't have my phone handy yesterday when I did all the work so I took them today and its raining outside and not very light out. IMG_0891[1].JPGIMG_0929[1].JPGIMG_0930[1].JPGIMG_0931[1].JPGIMG_0964[1].JPGIMG_0965[1].JPGIMG_0966[1].JPGIMG_0967[1].JPGIMG_0968[1].JPGIMG_0969[1].JPGIMG_0971[1].JPGIMG_0972[1].JPG

/ Newbie with new mods to his 2210d!! #2  
Looking good. Thanks for taking the time to share pictures. I have owned an old Yanmar RS1300N tiller since about 2009 and used it regularly. I flushed and changed fluid on it right after buying it. Have changed the tines on it but other than that it has been trouble free. I did some small conversions to make it clear the rear tires on my current Bobcat. It is a gear drive model.

/ Newbie with new mods to his 2210d!! #3  
Here's a Fredricks Tiller Rs.1400 I bought in 09. ASIS with just new Tines. Worked great for the time I owned it. The pic. is of a first season turn. It's behind a YM2000. Those Rear wheels are Out there. Mine are Just reversed with the Cone out not In like the Pic. you have without the rear spacers.

Attachments

• Picture 055.jpg
    Picture 055.jpg
    755.1 KB · Views: 476
   / Newbie with new mods to his 2210d!!
Thanks for the replies. I haven't looked up that model of tiller, so what size is that yanmar tiller you are using with your ym2000? And did your tractor struggle with it?

Also the rear tires are out there!! But I will say it feels so much better going through areas that are uneven. It made a huge difference and to me was worth the price.

/ Newbie with new mods to his 2210d!! #6  
Everything looks great...nice job

Thanks Scotty. I looked at some of the photos you posted for the ideas on my 2210d. Your posts and pics helped.

/ Newbie with new mods to his 2210d!! #8  
The RS1400 is what Tiller was made for the Ym2000. A rice patty tiller that just so happens to work very, very good. The first run maybe a little rough but after that you see what results I get. And I'm in Rock Hard Ga. red clay for soil. Well worth my while to drive over to Fredricks. Plus I had a few parts to pick up. There's a JD. Frontier Tiller with the 5103 but It doesn't get nowhere near the results in my pic.. And that's 1st. Gear 540 PTO I'm showing. Like you I still have 2 more Gears PTO the RS1400 can handle. The 2 extra HP. will be nice for you also.

Ok good to know. I guess my biggest question will be what do I need to get to make tiller to work/fit to my 2210? I have seen some pics of guys with some sort of extra piece that attaches to the top link on their tractor. Do I need that or can I just use a standard top link for the 3 point?

Also does anyone think that my 2210d could handle a different 5ft tiller or just a yanmar one? I know are different threads on PTO HP for tiller sizes, but just curious of a green grey market 5ft tiller would perform or respond the same as a different brand US model 5ft tiller? Any input?