Yanmar 336D restoration update

/ Yanmar 336D restoration update #1  

Domush

Platinum Member
Tractor
1981 Yanmar 336D
Hey everyone. I'm not sure who remains from my original restoration thread I made a good five years back, but I've had people message me over the years asking how the tractor has held up. Well, it's held up really well!

It's certainly nowhere as pretty as it once was, but it's worked for those wear marks (living outside hasn't helped).

It still runs great, hasn't had any repairs since the original restoration and engine rebuild threads. I've just.. used it!

Attached a photo for the curious. Try not to cry when you realize what it looked like after the restore. 😣

Glad to see people here are still helping everyone out. I know for a fact I wouldn't have this tractor still running without the great long timers here.

Hats off to you all!
uploadfromtaptalk1461624103939.jpg

/ Yanmar 336D restoration update #2  
You stored it outdoors after all that work? How long did your woods parts last?

/ Yanmar 336D restoration update #3  
Ohh, she don't look so pretty any more :( As long as she still performs that's all that matters.

/ Yanmar 336D restoration update #4  
Good to hear a report. I rank your threads on your 336 right up there at the top for being interesting and informative. :thumbsup:

/ Yanmar 336D restoration update #5  
always wondered what happened to ya..Some come here ,then just go away forever..Glad you stuck your head in the door to say hello !

/ Yanmar 336D restoration update #6  
Hey everyone. I'm not sure who remains from my original restoration thread I made a good five years back, but I've had people message me over the years asking how the tractor has held up. Well, it's held up really well!

It's certainly nowhere as pretty as it once was, but it's worked for those wear marks (living outside hasn't helped).

It still runs great, hasn't had any repairs since the original restoration and engine rebuild threads. I've just.. used it!

Attached a photo for the curious. Try not to cry when you realize what it looked like after the restore. ��

Glad to see people here are still helping everyone out. I know for a fact I wouldn't have this tractor still running without the great long timers here.

Hats off to you all!
View attachment 466174

Glad to see you back!!! We have been missing you and you come up and are referenced pretty often when 336 tractors or rebuilds are mentioned. You need to stick around as your a wealth of knowledge now having been through this rebuild. With good first hand knowledge.

Man its been 5 years!!!!!!!!:eek:Time flys!!

And I cant believe you left it outside and didn't at least get one of those white portable carport things you see at pepboys or northern tool on sale for like $60-90. I have one at the house that I keep stuff under that's overflow. Still get a good bit of blowing rain if you don't fix a tarp to the sided but they last about 3 to 6 years depending on if you let the snow tear them or how much direct sun its in.