Yanmar 2620 questions ??? HELP

/ Yanmar 2620 questions ??? HELP #1  

jchipps

Tractor
Still Looking (I Like Green)
Hi,

I have some questions and thought that maybe some of you could help me.

I'm looking to purchase a used compact tractor in the 25 to 30 HP range. After lots of looking and comparing prices, I'm now leaning toward a Yanmar, however I know very little about them or the whole grey market thing.
I am currently looking at a YM 2620, 26 HP, 2WD, PS, W/canopy and really nice shape.

I did a search on this forum for 2620 and did'nt get any results. Are they not a popular model ?

How can you tell if a tractor is a grey market tractor or a made for US model.

Are parts readily available for the grey market Yanmars ?

If anyone could answer these questions and also give me some basic tips and advice on the Yanmar line, I would really apreciate it.

Thanks,

J Clayton.

/ Yanmar 2620 questions ??? HELP #2  
I had a 2620D 4WD and it was an awesome tractor. You don't see many of them because of the size. They are one of the bigger grey markets out there. Mine also had the canopy. Tomorrow I will post some pics of it after it survived a sweet gum tree falling across the canopy.

/ Yanmar 2620 questions ??? HELP #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( How can you tell if a tractor is a grey market tractor or a made for US model. <font color="red"> Grey markets typically have a 4 digit model number such as YM1700 or YM2620 where as the domestic versions are 3 digit like a YM155 or 276. Then there are other greys with 2 digit such as an F15 or FX24D. </font>

Are parts readily available for the grey market Yanmars ?

)</font> <font color="red"> Yes and no. Yes they are available but you need to know where to look. Typically you can't run down to the Yanmar store and buy a part you need. As a matter of fact even those with a Yanmar license to sell parts are supposed to only sell parts for domestic units. A friend of mine with a Yanmar parts dealership lost the dealership because they suspected him of supporting greys. But to make a long story short, grey parts are available. Stick to this site and we can help you out. </font>

/ Yanmar 2620 questions ??? HELP #4  
How tough is an YM2620? Check out the picture.

Attachments

• 404673-tree_on_tractor.JPG
    404673-tree_on_tractor.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 542
   / Yanmar 2620 questions ??? HELP #5  
It shattered the fiberglass top and bent one bracket but the tractor itself was undamaged. The weight of the tree was so great that it mashed the back tire flat. I am surprised that it didn't blow the tire out. Another picture.

Attachments

• 404675-rearmount.JPG
    404675-rearmount.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 389
   / Yanmar 2620 questions ??? HELP #6  
If I were you I would just fill the rear tires with calcium chloride solution if you are looking for a little extra traction. Carrying a tree around like that seems like a little overkill! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Yanmar 2620 questions ??? HELP #7  
I have a 2620. It has been a real work horse around our NC farm. I had to replace a number of fuel lines (rubber) because of cracks. Flush the radiator core on a regular basis because the dust builds up in the cooling fins and can cause the unit to run hot.
DICK

PS- Don't let your wife get on it. My wife loves to operate it.-

/ Yanmar 2620 questions ??? HELP #8  
After I put that tree up there I never had any more tractor problems. And it cost less than having my tires filled.