186 3pt won't drop

/ 186 3pt won't drop #1  
Tractor
Ford 641 / 1963 Fordson Super Major
Changed the filter, cleaned the suction screen, new oil, removed the stop valve. Pump seems to be working, it has good pressure to hold up. And it seems to be working the engine like the oil has nowhere to go????
Any ideas ?...
Thanks.
Or a schematic of the hydraulic system would sure help.

/ 186 3pt won't drop #2  
Probably NOT your problem - but

There's usually a valve to control the speed of the 3 point, on mos Kubota's it's right under the seat, centered. This occasionally get's blindly and unknowingly adjusted by my the heel of my foot moving around.

Just recently on my B7610 I could not manually lower the 3 pt using the lever. If I left the boxblade on I could raise it fine but the lever when pushed forward to lower would bind. A little looking around and a quick spray of WD40 fixed it.

470687d1464947128-186-3pt-wont-drop-3pt-feedback2-jpg

The rod (100) was binding on the rod holder (120). Just needed greasing. REAL SIMPLE FIX.

Can't you download schematics online somewhere?

Attachments

• 3pt-feedback2.JPG
    3pt-feedback2.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,036
   / 186 3pt won't drop #3  
Check feedback rod.

Any quick connect couplings in your system?

/ 186 3pt won't drop #4  
He's a good read and some Info. with a parts Dia. for the 186. The Control valve #1 has a adj. which I believe is on the on the front according to the Dia.. If it's works similar to my YM2000 and if it's turned in to far the lift won't drop but go up. May call hoye and try to get more info on the parts of the Dia..YM186 Hydraulics help - Yanmar Tractor Support Message Board

/ 186 3pt won't drop
No couplings on this. Lever is moving freely. Control valve is open. And I have both adjusted and removed and cleaned it.
Thanks for all the posts.
I am looking for the pressure relief valve. It would make sense that it is stuck.
Any other thoughts appreciated.
Thanks.

/ 186 3pt won't drop #6  
Is the stop valve open?(front)
Did you adjust the rate of drop valve on the right side,under the seat?