Yanmar 2310D

/ Yanmar 2310D #1  

tre873

Tractor
Yanmar 2310D
I recently purchased a 2310D, which I understand is close to the YM276D. I originally wanted a tractor with live pto, but with PowerShift and the amazing deal I got, I couldn't pass it up. I have been unable to download any of the manuals online, but have been able to solve a few problems without them. I've been reading the forums since I bought the tractor and learned a lot. One thing I haven't been able to solve yet is the brakes. The shoes are approximately 1/8th - 3/16ths thick, but will not stop the tractor. The adjustment rods are adjusted all the way, but I can't see where the shoes even touch the drums (rust on drums). I read on a post about switching the actuator arms, but was a little confused. Do you swap the actuators from side to side or just rotate them upside down. For some reason, my tractor doesn't have the upper shoe rest that you can turn to get more life out of the shoes. Instead of being a rectangle shape, it's round. Anyone have any good ideas?

/ Yanmar 2310D #2  
Welcome to the forum. :welcome: Sent you a pm.

/ Yanmar 2310D #3  
I had one of mine that had the cam get stuck wear the brake pads down. The other side is fine. I took a piece of flat aluminum and bent it around the round post to shim the brake shoes out a bit. It works pretty well now.

/ Yanmar 2310D
I had one of mine that had the cam get stuck wear the brake pads down. The other side is fine. I took a piece of flat aluminum and bent it around the round post to shim the brake shoes out a bit. It works pretty well now.
I was trying to think of a way I could shim the shoes and I think that would work. I also thought about cutting some 3/8ths pipe and seeing if I could fashion a spacer to fit around the anchor stud. Your idea sounds simpler. Thanks