Yanmar 2610D Transmission Sound

/ Yanmar 2610D Transmission Sound #1  

Dave2610D

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2610D
Just curious, I noticed when I let up on the clutch (while in neutral) (engine idle) I hear the transmission just under my seat as though it's running? I am a green to tractors, so this may be a common thing? It has a sort of hissing/not too grinding type of a sound if this makes sense....as if it is in gear or the PTO is running (even though the PTO is in neutral). Any ideas? Any of you guys with Yanmar's that do this? Thanks

/ Yanmar 2610D Transmission Sound #2  
Don't know about your noise being unusual or not but the transmission does have a shaft turning when the clutch is out that does have gears on it. Just none of them engaged with others. Not positive but thinking the power shift pump is also turning which could give you the hissing sound.

/ Yanmar 2610D Transmission Sound #3  
Try moving your 3 point lever up and down slightly and see if it changes?

/ Yanmar 2610D Transmission Sound
Hi Winston1.....I didn't know the the shaft was turning when the clutch is up. After I read your post I checked and saw there was a cap to check the hydraulic level and noticed I was only at the tip of the stick. I have plans on draining it now and refilling it. I have heard there are screen/s to clean when I do. Any idea where I start to look for this? Thank you for you post..it's appreciated.

/ Yanmar 2610D Transmission Sound #6  
Hi Winston1.....I didn't know the the shaft was turning when the clutch is up. After I read your post I checked and saw there was a cap to check the hydraulic level and noticed I was only at the tip of the stick. I have plans on draining it now and refilling it. I have heard there are screen/s to clean when I do. Any idea where I start to look for this? Thank you for you post..it's appreciated.

Right below the pto shaft.

Right below the pto shaft.

Great, I'll get started on it today.
By the way, I changed the motor oil yesterday early (first time owning a diesel) ....can I run regular 30W oil like I would on my truck? Is it mandatory I use only diesel grade oil?

/ Yanmar 2610D Transmission Sound #8  
Great, I'll get started on it today.
By the way, I changed the motor oil yesterday early (first time owning a diesel) ....can I run regular 30W oil like I would on my truck? Is it mandatory I use only diesel grade oil?

Use diesel oil. 15-40 Rotella works well, as do many others. I would not use 30W.

Thanks Silvertramp......will do then.

is there a spin-on filter like the oil filter for this as well?