Rear Forks

/ Rear Forks #1  

MesaAZguy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1802d
I have an 1802d with a Heavy Hitch (Awesome product) and noticed on their site they have forks that attach to the hitch. Anyone have forks on their Yanmars? Will I be tipping the thing over by moving say 800lbs?
My main uses will be to move pallets of wire and pavers around the property among other things. I do have 8 42lb suitcase weights I can transfer over to the front side somewhere if need be.

Thanks!

-Simon

/ Rear Forks #2  
Unless is right at the lift pins I don't think you will be able to lift it very easily? And yes it will make the front light. If it cant pick it up you will just lift the front of the tractor off the ground you wont even lift it , it will just rotate on the rear axle.

I have a bush hog FTH720 finish mower. Its right around 600 pounds and it makes the front pretty light. but you have a loader so that will help. I have around 150-180ish pounds hanging off my front bumper though. But I can lift the mower no problem and I can even stand on it and lift it so thinking about that you can probably move 800# like I said as long as its not too far off the back.

/ Rear Forks #3  
You're pretty crafty, make your bucket removeable and make up a set that go in place of the bucket. Much handier in front of you. I have a set of bolt on's to the bucket and they're OK but I'd much prefer a set right back at the arms. One day I will do this to mine.

/ Rear Forks #4  
I've made rear forks that are attached to the box-blade. The forks are to move 12 full sized 16 foot wide tubular cattle panels around. It's a pain to carry one at a time by hand over a few acres. The YM2610 does have two of the JD 42-lbs weight up front.

I'm hoping to weld on two iron thick tubes to hold on some hay spears. Thus, the box blade will be multi-functional. I've seen this done already on another CUT tractor setup.

/ Rear Forks #5  
My old post here has photos using a forks adapter I made to fit on a Qhitch. if you are going to build something similar, this might give you some ideas.

Here's a photo of it:

70566d1171849399-pallet-forks-rear-3-pt-p1050892r-jpg

/ Rear Forks #6  
I don't have a YM but I did build a set of rear forks that work on any 3pt. hitch. Mine also work using the quick hitch like California's forks. I also used them in the loader bucket of another tractor. I had a 2" trailer hitch welded to the top of the bucket so I could set the forks in the bucket and pin the top of the forks through the hitch. My latest tractor has QA loader bucket so I bought regular QA skid steer forks and haven't used the 3 pt. forks since.

Attachments

• DSCN1804 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1804 (Medium).JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN1803 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1803 (Medium).JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 89